General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Straight from the bath *Dialup Beware*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Straight from the bath *Dialup Beware*

I agree with you on Ford's spending tons of money on large trucks and SUVs right when gas went up to a hundred bucks per gallon (okay, maybe not that much). The expedition, navigator, and the new Super Duty truck. All vehicles that can't even be given away now.

Chevy made another mistake a long time ago. The Chevy Vega. Chevy's version of the Ford Pinto. Another bad idea.

Of course, who can forget Chevy's biggest tradgedy since cancelling the Camaro years ago? The cancellation of the Monte! [sm=badidea.gif][sm=boosign.gif]

Old 08-22-2008, 12:05 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Straight from the bath *Dialup Beware*

If Chevy would have just listened to the customer and made the '00 & up Montes RWD they probably would have sold more of them. Cause almost every Monte owner at the time was screaming for them to bring back a RWD Monte.

Don't get me wrong. I love my '06 LTZ and the newer edition to our Monte family the '03 Pace car Mr. Space helped us locate. I'm sure if I were in the market to sell I could get just as much for my '86 LS as I paid for it with the 4th gens being as popular as they are right now.

If GM/Chevy wanted to cut somecosts some place they could stop offering their CEO's millions in severance packages. Then they could concentrate on designing a decent car that will sell.

I do have to admit. The '08 Malibu is a nice looking car. And so far, I haven't heard too many horror stories about them.