General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Storing the Deuce on jack stands

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Storing the Deuce on jack stands

Planing on storing the Deuce again by end of October. I want to put her on jack stands and remove the wheels. She will be in my garage.

My question is.... If I use the recommended locations to jack her up (the notched areas under the car, where can I safely place the stand since the recomended spot is now being used by the jack?

The Deuce for those who don't know, is a 06 Monte SS

Thanks for your input!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:07 AM

Hi Tad, check out the below link...It has some great tips
How to Store a Car - wikiHow

Old 09-25-2011, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the research Space. It does say to put the car on stands if not low profile (18 inch low profle?) If not I still need to know where the stands are to go.

I book marked your link for reference.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 AM

Hi Tadd, Your tires are low profile high performance..
Yes, remove them so they do not flat spot from the weight over time...Does your Owner's Book have the lifting spots for your Monte ? Also, your local Chevy dealer maybe able to advise, if no one knows ?, but I'm sure someone does...

I hope one of our experts will post their thoughts..Good Luck

p.s. I think for the Winter you should send it to me to take care of it (Race it : ) here in the SunShine State ~>
I promise not to tell you I raced it LOL

Last edited by Space; 09-25-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Just an FYI, my '65 Impala is stored in my garage all the time, and last time it was run was over two years ago, due to tranny problems. What I do is put carpet squares under each tire, never had a problem with it, no flat spots, and concrete not inter-acting with the tire then, Much easier than jackstands, and not worrying about where to put 4 wheels, a big space concern in my case!! Just thought I would throw that out there!! Thicker the carpet, the better. You can either buy some, or like where I work, you might talk to the head of sales at a carpet store about samples they are discontinueing, you can get for free sometimes!!

Mike

Old 09-25-2011, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Hi Tadd, Your tires are low profile high performance..
Yes, remove them so they do not flat spot from the weight over time...Does your Owner's Book have the lifting spots for your Monte ? Also, your local Chevy dealer maybe able to advise, if no one knows ?, but I'm sure someone does...

I hope one of our experts will post their thoughts..Good Luck

p.s. I think for the Winter you should send it to me to take care of it (Race it : ) here in the SunShine State ~>
I promise not to tell you I raced it LOL
Ya know Space I have seriously thought about and talked to wifey about leaving the Deuce to you in my will. My step-son is not a gear head and my grand son well to young to tell.
You are a hard working kid and I think you'd look swell driving the Deuce by the beach.
I know you would take car of her and give her the atention I do. You may be driving your Mercedes SL by then

Last edited by Tadcaster; 09-25-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Warhorse
Just an FYI, my '65 Impala is stored in my garage all the time, and last time it was run was over two years ago, due to tranny problems. What I do is put carpet squares under each tire, never had a problem with it, no flat spots, and concrete not inter-acting with the tire then, Much easier than jackstands, and not worrying about where to put 4 wheels, a big space concern in my case!! Just thought I would throw that out there!! Thicker the carpet, the better. You can either buy some, or like where I work, you might talk to the head of sales at a carpet store about samples they are discontinueing, you can get for free sometimes!!

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike. I still want to take the wheels off as I have a mod up my sleave to work on this winter (It's going to be kool!) no one ask what please cause it is just a plan right now.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You might find an idea or two here:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...ocation-11767/

Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I never use the jack locations on the side of the car. I always put the jack in the front on the cradle and in the rear just near the y-pipe. This way I jack up the front 2, or the rear 2 at a time. Never left or right.

Then I put my jack stands with a small towel on top of them on the frame on the sides.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Ya know Space I have seriously thought about and talked to wifey about leaving the Deuce to you in my will.

WoW `Tad, a very kind gesture & thought, but I'm sure that you will out live me & I'm sure there are so many more deserving then I..Even if I had your Monte, I would not have
the time to drive & enjoy it...I await my future freedom b-4 I find another one...Thank You!

I do think it's great to have a will..I'm seen the problems with some senior citizens friends I've lost over the years that did not take the time to make a will...I think anyone with assets should have a will..& always be prepared for their End.`Amen

`Tad, I'd just be happy to ride or drive a Monte like yours..
Thanks much for your words & thoughts 4-Sure.

p.s. our member's are posting some great suggestions 4-Sure...Thanks Member's

Quick Reply: Storing the Deuce on jack stands