General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Standing Water in my Monte!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Default Final fix!

The passenger door plastic window gasket seal (that goes the length of the door- from front of the car to the back)- imagine the peice that your arm would rest on if your window was open...was completed rotted. I replaced the part- about $60 and PROBLEM SOLVED! too bad I dropped the headliner to check the sunroof drain...it took alot of effort to do and for nothing...but i had to check all my possibilites to make sure!

a few months now and NOT A DROP OF WATER GETTING IN CAR!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Default water in your monte..

dude its the heater fan motor ...theres a drain hose on it that allways leaks...just remove it and blow it out ...then reseal the fan motor under the glove box ..use a decent silicone and prob solved ...same thing happened to me ...only when my neighbos sprinklers were on...did the fix ..and shes dry as a bone for at least 3 years now

Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM

becarefull because with water getting inside the car on the carpet it will let water sit and cause rust what ver we do we need to not let that happen. my neighbor had to replace his floor pan in his 6th gen do to the preveus owner let water pool and let it sit on the floor. florida and salt in the air lets metal get eatin up. so dry it up quick. mu neighbor has the 6th gen and the 7th gen. he likes the styling of the 7th gen but wishes for the performance of the 6th gen 3.8 or the 3800 as known being. i wish i had the 3800 in my monte for shore.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:43 PM

I've been having some issues in my 2002 Monte Carlo with water getting into the passenger side car door and into the rear passenger side floorboard. I just found the issue today by checking my in-cabin air filter... I had just took it through a car wash and water had gotten into the door again. When I checked the in-cabin air filter, it was soaked. I noticed that the windshield side seal had come off and was sitting on top of the filter. I replaced the seal SECURELY after vacuuming up all the water I could and installing a new filter. I even took a picture of the seal. http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7986/dsc03506.jpg

I believe a local auto shop may have checked the filter and didn't secure it properly after checking it... that's the only thing I can think of that caused it to come off.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 AM

HELPPPPPP! the condensation from my AC id leaking onto the passenger floor i was parked for a while wit it on when i went to pull away it was like someone emptied a bucket of water from under the dash! does anyone know where the drain hole would be on the firewall maybe its clogged? alos is that the reason it blows smoke out of the AC sometimes?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 AM

i have an 04 and a while back i took in water as well. really sucked cuz it would end up where after each time it rained i had a very good amount of water in the passenger side floor. it would actually slush side to side on turns. what it ended up being was, there is a long piece of weather strip underneath the vent covers and wipers. a small section fell off i guess over time and the water would just fill up the cabin air filter. which is like directly behind the glove box. rough times, and bad smell but its all fixed now. but if you do take in water again ....might wanna check into that!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:38 PM

I have the same problem when it rains with my 2002 monte carlo, i have standing water on the floor behind my passenger side seat. Its dry on the floor of the front passenger side i need some help i do have a sun roof but everything else is dry.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:35 PM

whoa freaky. my 86 monte have the same problem and i used to think it was my door or window but it wasnt. its somehow coming through the "vent" looking thing where the windshield wiper is mounted. im still yet to tear it apart and investigate, could be from where my heater core is located. and worse is south carolina sucks when it comes to rain and flashfloods.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:53 AM

Just delt with the same problem in my 03, what i found was that there are drain holes in the bottom of the doors, and on my passenger side it was actually clogged and a quarter of the way up the door was filled with water, some how it overleaked onto my floorboard.. cleared the drain hole and havent had a problem..

Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbo51508
Just delt with the same problem in my 03, what i found was that there are drain holes in the bottom of the doors, and on my passenger side it was actually clogged and a quarter of the way up the door was filled with water, some how it overleaked onto my floorboard.. cleared the drain hole and havent had a problem..

Was the water getting on the floor of the rear passenger side or on the floor of the front passenger side floor.

Quick Reply: Standing Water in my Monte!