General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stainless Bow Tie Exhaust Tips (Pair)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Stainless Bow Tie Exhaust Tips (Pair)

If anybody has a Bow-Tie Exhaust Tip collecting dust and you want to unload it to someone who would give it a nice home sticking out the back-end of a late model Monte ... I'll be very happy to hear from you!

I think it's too cool and really want one on my car ... Bad!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I bought two of them some years ago for our older Montes and never used them.

Most around here wanted like $25-30 for one. I found a street rod dealer at a swap meet who sold me the pair for $40. Like I say I've had them for a few years now.

Only reasonI didn't put them on our Montes is I'd just put new exhaust on both of them. Stock replacement exhaust that exits out the side just behind the pass rear tire. The tips won't look right coming out the side of the car IMO.

So I never used them. They would look good on say....... a '57 Chevy. But which one????????

Old 01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member

I only have the single exhaust pipe and I found a deal on eBay for the Chevy exhaust tip ... so, I'm good! I don't know what its going to look like because I don't have the part in hand ... but, I'm sur it will add a little Street Flavor to an otherwise bland, beige Monte with the unusual Vinyl Top. I'm psyched. I have the Tip, MonteCarlo script badges for just behind my doors, the Chevy Bow Tie graphic on my rear window ... little by little its shedding that Old Gal Look and coming around to looking like its owned by somebody excited to have it.

I think I even scored a pair of OEM Fog Lights. I hope the deal goes through and I can have my bumper lights where the little vents are now. I'll have to custom wire them in to come-on either with High or Low Beams ... but, I like doing electrical work ... so long as it means not having to crawl up under the dash!