General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS nose on a 85 LS 350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM

well the ad said 3g so offer him 2000 cash if you really want the car. if he doesnt go for it ask him the lowest hell go. if he doesnt go to 25 try and split the difference. if he says 25 throw 23 at him. you want to get it as cheaply as possible. i think hell go for it though. like i said people like to give themselves a good window to haggle when they sell a car, and times are tough. cash talks. on transport idk how far that is from you but triple a used to be 75 a year for 3 tows in one direction up to a 100 miles. thats how i used to transport my stuff around. also i dont know how thing work where you are, but here in jersey we pay taxes on cars when you go to register it. so i always have the seller put the price on the title to be only a couple of hundred bucks so i dont get slammed with paying 7% on a few thousand. i also wouldnt expect a warranty nor would i give one if i was him. any built motor should make enough power to hurt itself. you could easily blow the trans, break the rear, or spin a bearing with poor driving, launching, or shifting none of which would be his fault, but if it was warrantied you would want him to pay for. the risks involved buying someone elses project is always something you have to be willing to live with.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 05-24-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Dude, this guy has to be jerking me off or something, We agreed earlier that I'll meet him tomorrow, so this morning I give him a call before work, no answer. I get out of work at 4, no text, no call back. Nothing from this guy. Call him again, no answer. Send him a text asking whats teh address to meet, he calls me about an horu later saying how he's on the ropes about selling the car to me since I asked what rpm's its running around 65mph. He said he doesnt want to sell it to someone who expects to drive it more than once a week. I said well I plan on swapping out the tranny and rear end so I can drive it on the high way and he said thats too much work and he'll give me a call back. This was at around 530is, now it is 9 pm and still nothing. Maybe its time tto start looking again. It was a 2 hour drive from my location. If this man calls me back I'll get on it possibly, if not then the search continues. I'm going to keep it in this thread so you guys are more than welcome to subscribe or stay intersted. I'll post ads or links to monte's i find in my area and see what you guys think. This is the 4th time i get almost a day or two before buying the car and something comes up the kills the deal, sorry guys.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:03 PM

dude screw him. if he calls id tell him to go **** himself. just find another car. this guy sounds like a clown. at the end of the day he wanted 3g for a car they made a million of. no point in sweating it, and calling and texting him is only going to make him think that your obsessed with the car. let the hunt continue.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:16 PM

I'm getting frustrated and pissed. This keeps happening. Oh well. Maybe 5th times the charm. I've emailed 2 guys asking a bunch of q's. One guy writes back "it's 305 wit 150xxx mils 3500 firm tran auto good wheels" this is rediculous. There a bunch for sale that are "donks" which are just plain retarded.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 AM

i would look for a granny fresh v6 one with a super nice body and interior for butt cheap. maybe estate sales and what not. then drive train swap then SS swap. like i said these things are everywhere just keep looking and be patient. the best time to buy floundering projects is in winter when people are trying to get cash for christmas.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:40 PM

i would wait for a true SS but if this car works for then you would have to get the nose, fenders, yes they are different, the fender extensions, the header panel, light buckets, the metal panel that goes behind the grill that directs the air to the radiator, the chrome moulding on the side of the LS will have to come off and theres pins that hold the clips that hold the chrome, that are part of the door, the easiest way to deal with these is get some pliers and twist them off, this is the only way to get them as flush as posible, then grind very little... good luck nasty.