General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS badges

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Default RE: SS badges

Decals? The Heck with decals. Go to an Up-Scale Hobby Shoppe. Get you two or three little Bottles of TESTORS Paint. A color that gives you wood. For "SS" Lettering I prefer: "Italian Red" -or- "Enzo Rosa" Enzo Roza is the Red color that Enzo Ferrari had developed for Ferrari F-1 Cars. Take your little bottles to place the does Lettering on Cars and Trucks and has an Artist capable of Hand-Lettering "SS" on your Monte. Don't get the later-day SS put on her. Go for the Classic Twin "S's" that badged early-70's SS-cars. Google Chevy SS Badges (Images) and look for an image of the SS's with the "Pinched-in-the-middle of the S" look. Have him do your trunk and the lower-back of your front-quarters down by the lower hinge on the door.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:41 PM

haha yeah it would. but they are all painted. it is very hard to keep it in the lines tho. but teh bowties i masked off the chrome and sanded and sprayed em black with blue pearl then cleared them

Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM

that looks nice inssanity21i got the same ss's and im going to do mine the color of my car ........
i was looking at the pictures of your car and i like the idea

even the back i like the bowtie and the SS on teh corner
i been thinking of an idea and found it lol

Old 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Decals? The Heck with decals. Go to an Up-Scale Hobby Shoppe. Get you two or three little Bottles of TESTORS Paint. A color that gives you wood. For "SS" Lettering I prefer: "Italian Red" -or- "Enzo Rosa" Enzo Roza is the Red color that Enzo Ferrari had developed for Ferrari F-1 Cars. Take your little bottles to place the does Lettering on Cars and Trucks and has an Artist capable of Hand-Lettering "SS" on your Monte. Don't get the later-day SS put on her. Go for the Classic Twin "S's" that badged early-70's SS-cars. Google Chevy SS Badges (Images) and look for an image of the SS's with the "Pinched-in-the-middle of the S" look. Have him do your trunk and the lower-back of your front-quarters down by the lower hinge on the door.

Nice idea and all. But what's going to protect the paint? Nothing.

These custom paint on "SS" will be setting out in the elements with no protection over top of them. They will get scratched or chipped or both in a short amount of time.

If you have a shop clear coat over top then where's the savings?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM

thanks. i was thinking mayby get rid of the bowtie and put SS in its place. then get the factory monte carlo from the dealer and paint them black and put it where the current
SS is. but they are only ideas. it will probably stay the same

Old 01-20-2009, 09:12 PM

OK hope I can answer 2 questions. The trunk SS emblem is slightly smaller than the doors. When you order them make sure they know you want the ones for the doors. They do not cost much. As for putting an SS emblem on the grill I did that with mine and the badge for the door is a perfect fit.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM

thanks again everyone, im pretty sure i know what im gonna do, and just to clear it up, i want the newer style SS where the bottom of the s's are connected

i dont want to do red or even leave them stock white, i dont want the car to SCREAM ss, just some subtle hints so people know what they are looking at, i want to avoid putting "monte carlo" anywhere on the car, just dont like the way it looks

the only thing im not sure of yet is placement, i think im just gonna mimic the 06-07s

im still on the fence about a bowtie for the trunk...i do want one for the front of the car, cuz i hate looking at that stupid shield, so i have been thinking of getting an "SS" grille and maybe painting the bowtie white instead of red, or getting the tony stewart grille and putting a bowtie on the trunk...im indecisive

and another idea i thought up, i think its pretty original, but not sure, if i were to paint the brake calipers, either black or red, and paint a white SS onto them, the same style as my badges, but im not sure if its possible/how it would look

red06ss...where did you get the SS overlays?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

for the calipers you can get overlays for it and spray clear coat paint on top and the rest of the calipers. the clear coat keep the overlay from peeling off plus give your calipers that shiny look.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM

Here is a link to the site.

http://www.grafxwerks.com/products/shop.php?part=MCSS2

Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 AM

thanks so much

Quick Reply: SS badges