General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Speed Hut Custom Guages!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:12 PM
Default RE: Speed Hut Custom Guages!!!

ORIGINAL: mickey

tvm if you want to write i will let you use the photos i took threw this whole thing so you can put it in to a how to section

but i did take the needels off on mine made it real easy to line stuff up and all seems to be working right afterwards LOL
but i have theses extra parts i dont know what to do with now and this big ballon came out from under the dash at me? scratching head. should have been cotton candy that would have made a better lunch
(im kidding all went well!)
Man, you got those in quick.. I am impressed..... Now, you wanna come over and do mine?

Ok, so what do I need to know before I tear mine apart again? Did you have to cut away much plastic?

Send me the pics, I'll be happy to do the write up on it..

TVW

Old 06-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Got a set of HVAC controls!

Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 PM

GREAT JOB 04!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me know when they start5 allowing us to order im in on that one in a heart beat!!

as far as what you have to cut nothign to much
right at teh bottom where the white part of the plasting is there are two triangle holes there
they are already cut out for you but they have a peice that rund acrossed them I just took my dikes and cut a slit in there big enough i could get the wires threw in to the hole so that i could run the wires out of the bottom of the dash

other then that i didnt cut any thing

on the speedo that long tail stick down under the brezel and out of the pod ther and i was real careful and just snaped it all to geather with out cutting on it. I didnt wat to cut that and know i was going to have a hole there.
so i let it bend the tail on the speedo over lay (where the wires are)
they say not to but i dont have a issue with it and besides i had two sets if one decided not to work io would have replaced it LOL
but tehy are workign great and look AWSOME at night
I have to get a shot of them at night for you i came home last night and it was late so i crashed out instead of takeing it LOL
it was 230am
the sun wont go down here till almost 1200am
but wiull get one for ya/
those were realy easy you should have no prob with them
took about a hour and a half and most of it was trying to figure out what wire i left un pluged (trunck release) so i pulled them back apart twice total. not used to it being on the driver side yet LOL

oh also the blk wire is the head lights
that is the one you need to tap in to
and if you run the wires right you can have them in plae and use a smal length of wire on the end of the inverter wire to conect it to a ground.
I ran mine straight back to the dash suport behind the fuse pannel great ground and close/.

Good luck will get the photos to ya !

Old 06-26-2005, 02:11 PM

hey TVM email me your abby so i can send theses to ya LOL

Old 06-26-2005, 03:47 PM

I just completed mine too. Man they look cool even during the day...

I tapped into the brown/white stripe wire on the back of the light switch for power.

I took a ton of pics, but send me your pics too Mickey. I am going to put together a DIY...

tvanwinklehome@yahoo.com

TVW

Old 06-26-2005, 09:26 PM

just joking

Old 06-27-2005, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

just joking
Hummmmmmmmm.... Are you serious? A whole weekend wasted away....

Old 06-27-2005, 10:59 AM

man i hear a linching comming on LOL
anyway let me know when anyone gets them or sees them im in on that one

Old 06-27-2005, 03:45 PM

Holy cow........ The best price I could find so far is $85 for a set of those HVAC controls, used none the less. Who all here truely are interested in purchasing a set of these from Speedhut? I'll gauge interest elsewere as well. If we can't get enough people interested in them it would be pointless to pay the $85.

TVW

Old 06-27-2005, 04:08 PM

that's just crazy. I wouldn't be interested in having my hvac controls being reverse indiglo, that's doing too much.

Quick Reply: Speed Hut Custom Guages!!!