General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Which soundwoofers sound best in monte carlos

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Always always...face them to the rear!!!!

Now my system(4000 watts)...(ck pics)...The sub box is ported...
Its so loud and hits so hard...Your eye ***** vibrate your hair vibrates and your vision gets blurry....
On wide open..I swear my heartbeat changes...to the beat of the music...

Pure MTX! and my system is 13 yrs old! and still takes your breath away when its wide open...

Oh and 1 other thing....

When im jammn some Metallica.... Lookout!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Which soundwoofers sound best in monte carlos-subs.jpg   Which soundwoofers sound best in monte carlos-better-amps.jpg  

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-06-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

If you would have them face toward the cabin and you have a ported box make sure the seats are down or the bass will be bad because no air can't get into the box but sealed it doesn't matter.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:58 AM

I have 2 Infinity Perfect 10's in a sealed box and an MTX amp (not sure on the wattage). It sounds awesome inside the car. I don't like my car system to rattle the neighbor's windows or anything. I like good sound more than loud sound.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
If you would have them face toward the cabin and you have a ported box make sure the seats are down or the bass will be bad because no air can't get into the box but sealed it doesn't matter.
Actually when there faceing forward....It tends to "cancel" itself out the majority of the actual sound....sealed box or not....Like a noise cancelling system....

Which means your defeating the purpose...of haveing subs....They need to push the air..in order to operate properly...
Also I have seen guys completely destroy the subs faceing forward.(nowhere for the sound air to go)

Good example...
Try putting your lips against a wall and blow out all the air in your lungs.. Like blowing up a balloon...
Then turn away from the wall and do the same thing....which is easier????

Last edited by STUMPMI; 09-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

but why would it matter if the box is sealed there is no air going into the box but if it is ported it needs the air movement? When I had a sailed box, I had it facing both ways and it didn't make a difference if the seats where up or not but when i got the ported box it made a big difference if the seats where down when facing towards the cabin.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

JL audio all the way for me! my first system was a set of JL w3 12's in a sealed box facing toward the trunk and they pounded hard. then i made my fiberglass enclosure for the 12's in the trunk and there isnt enough air space for the subs now so i no longer use the 12's in the trunk they are just for show purpose now.

now i have 2 JL w6 10's in a ported box where the back seat was before i removed it and they are facing forward and they hit hard but no where near what the 2 12's did in the trunk facing toward the back. if i remember right i am powering these with a powerbass idk what size amp but i think 1200watt. same amp i powered the 2 12's with.

Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
but why would it matter if the box is sealed there is no air going into the box but if it is ported it needs the air movement? When I had a sailed box, I had it facing both ways and it didn't make a difference if the seats where up or not but when i got the ported box it made a big difference if the seats where down when facing towards the cabin.
The Speakers are in the open side of the box... Letm Breathe!
Thats the way there designed...to BREATHE!!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 05:45 PM

You said sounds best, but then you said you want it to shake and rattle. Those 2 things do not go together. I have run 5-6 different setups in my monte. By far the best sounding is the current setup.

Sundown SA-8 V.2 (box is ported .7ft^3 @ 33hz)
MBQuart dsc1500.1d (running 700 watts RMS)
Planet Audio PD1 line driver
Infinity reference front speakers
Blaupunkt rear speakers
Eclipse CD3100 Head unit

Last edited by aussiek2000; 09-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 PM

That question is something you have to find out and answer yourself.. My oppinion is.. You add a lot of bass then you need to add a lot of mids and highs to even it out.. If you want to cause havoc to your town with the vibrations gonna have to throw some money around.. I have over 5000$ in my stereo and counting.. And im still not satisfied.. Simply... car audio is all personal preference.. Personally i love skar audio, alpine (type R), sundown, dc power..

Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Boxman420
That question is something you have to find out and answer yourself.. My oppinion is.. You add a lot of bass then you need to add a lot of mids and highs to even it out.. If you want to cause havoc to your town with the vibrations gonna have to throw some money around.. I have over 5000$ in my stereo and counting.. And im still not satisfied.. Simply... car audio is all personal preference.. Personally i love skar audio, alpine (type R), sundown, dc power..
I agree its personal preference....

I guess I was fortunate...That MTX was there when I chose my system.(ALL MTX)

The guys from MTX told tom (the owner and personal friend)and the guys at Mickey Shores that they would instahl my system...

They also informed me that they have done a lot of MonteCarlos..
And the system thats in mine currently...
Was the best sounding system to put in a Monte Carlo....

I guess I cant argue with there logic...
Since like I said before..Its been in my Monte for over 13 yrs now....
It still sounds like the day they instahled it...With killer highs,mids, and base.... I also have a seperate dial for the subs...
Im a rock and roller so.... But it doesnt matter what style music I play...Its still a kick butt system!
also the key to a great sounding system..is how everything blends to gether.....

Quick Reply: Which soundwoofers sound best in monte carlos