General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

some updates - new spoiler, the '96's interior...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool some updates - new spoiler, the '96's interior...

so ive been pretty busey today first with my car the big news, i got my $23 junkyard spoiler on just a few minutes ago

i also got my "new" front speakers in, a pair of sony Xploads that were on the front seat of the $1 eagle talon i dragged home. i put them in because last weekend i replaced my rear speakers with a pair of $24 el cheapo wall mart 6x9 speakers, scince i couldint stand the one being blown out anymore. they sounded so good i needed fronts that were as good, lol.

so for the rear speakers i butchered my spare rear shelf up to fit the speaker grilles through, and i also did one of my spray paint re-dyes before putting it in:

and i also discovered that my car has an aftermarket remote starter in it.... whoever installed it did such a nice job with it that never noticed it! too bad i dont have the remote lol.

and for the '96 the interior is almost back togeather, i can sit in it without gagging so thats a plus my dad also removed the aftermarket remote starter, which unlike the one in my car, looked like it had been installed by a blind dyslexic chimpanzee. screamed "fire waiting to happen", all the wiring was just twisted togeather and taped. anyway, a couple pics of the new interior, with the seats back in and the spray painted carpet:

thats it! for now...

Old 08-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

everything looks great Ryan, good job man!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 05:58 PM

thanks chris!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Ryan, your 97 looks great man and the 96 looks like its coming together nicely.

VERY KEWL MAN!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

now to search for the brickyard! :p looks good ryan, so whats left in the Z? befor jj road trips it home lol

Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Litterally spray painted the carpet??? I'm interested in changing my carpet from tan to black. How exactly did you do this? Looks great though!

Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
now to search for the brickyard! :p looks good ryan, so whats left in the Z? befor jj road trips it home lol
lol, when i went to the junkyard i told myself if i found a brickyard it was coming home, OR if no brickyard i would take one that was already painted to match my car. that was the only one! best part is, the car it was on burned to the ground, the ONLY usuable peice on it was the spoiler! and the Z needs the drivers side seat bolted back in before it goes up for sale

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Litterally spray painted the carpet??? I'm interested in changing my carpet from tan to black. How exactly did you do this? Looks great though!
yup, litterally used about 2 cans of the cheapist spray paint wall mart sells. scince your carpet is tan it should work nice, but to do it proper the seats gotta come out along with the console, then you could eather A) mask it off and paint it in the car or B) pull the side panels so that the carpet can come out to be painted. mask off the heel pad and just dust it with a few coats untill your happy with how it looks, let it dry then re assemble. dependint on how much its in the sun it'll last about a year before it starts to fade, but then you just touch it up in the car with some more paint. it also works on the rear shelf carpet and the lower carpet on the doorpanels

Old 08-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Hi `Ryan,
It's really coming 2gether & looking good...You really know how to find cars/parts/women in the mountains around BuZZ-Kill, Pa WoW

You really need to go in2 business with your auto find talents, and the ability to put them all back together..

I always enjoy reading your post & hearing about your adventures... Thanks for sharing...

Wish you & reader's a SuperSunday....EnJoy & we look forward to you future updates and finds : )
Peace/Out the `Kid

Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by skylark65
yup, litterally used about 2 cans of the cheapist spray paint wall mart sells. scince your carpet is tan it should work nice, but to do it proper the seats gotta come out along with the console, then you could eather A) mask it off and paint it in the car or B) pull the side panels so that the carpet can come out to be painted. mask off the heel pad and just dust it with a few coats untill your happy with how it looks, let it dry then re assemble. dependint on how much its in the sun it'll last about a year before it starts to fade, but then you just touch it up in the car with some more paint. it also works on the rear shelf carpet and the lower carpet on the doorpanels
Huh. Doesn't the carpet get all crusty and hard? Not that my carpet isn't like that already :P

Old 08-08-2010, 01:00 PM

not as bad as you would think. now on seats / doorpanels / headliners it is a big NO NO, but the carpet has just the right pile to stay like carpet. plus its under your shoes, lol.

Quick Reply: some updates - new spoiler, the '96's interior...