General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

So many Montes with problems and...

Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default So many Montes with problems and...

I never had one issue with mine once. I see all those threads popping up about people having problems with theirs but thankfully in the past 10 years and 160,00 miles later the only and most expensive thing i had to do to my Monte was replace the battery last year! This shows that regardless of the car American, German or Japanese can be trouble free and run forever with proper maintenance.. anyone else have a monte with no issues since they bought it?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Very nice! The only problems that I've had with mine were self imposed. I had the DoD tuned out more as a preventative measure. I fully expect the transmission to go out before I hit 75,000 miles though. Even that is a result of the turbo though.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Mines had alot of issues but most was due to the sevarity of the wreck it was involved in, but still a good solid car

Old 12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Only issue I had with mine was engine spun a cam bearing at 16,900 miles but GM installed a new engine free.. Monte had 15,000 miles when I bought it..

Old 12-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was just recently thinking about this too. Bought my Monte new right of the show room floor. Never have had any problems like electrical, coolant leaks etc. Again like MillerMONTESS any that I have had are due to modifications not OEM related ......

Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I've had mine sine it has had 52K on it in 2008, now has about 70 or less. I've had a couple MINOR issues (and I know some people claim one or two of those were "self inflicted lol). But, honestly, i don't have ANY complaints.

Heck, I just fixed up a rough '02 Grand Am (still as a couple of items to resolve) and I think for the money I have into it, it will be a GREAT little winter beater

My wife's '05 Impala, bought with 150K on it on 2010, had to replace the trans and just some basic maintenance. Outside of that, great car, worth what we have into it! Nothing worth noting once the trans was replaced (and we new the trans was bad when we got it).

Old 12-03-2012, 01:08 AM

Lol mine has been terrible motor blew at 100000, has had the following: intake gasket, pcm, battery, wheel bearing right side, tie rod ends, ball joints, trans speed sensor, steering rack, axels, sway bar links, fuel pump, catalytic converter, o2 sensors, a radio old shorted out, a/c compressor, water pump, radiator, new alarm oem ****ed up and just regular stuff brakes tires oil changes And most of all this happened within the first year after i got the car, the guy who owned it before was an idiot who NEVER maintained anything CORRECTLY lol but i was younger and didnt know as much as i do now i payed cash sooo I kept fixing it to stay out of the whole..... But it runs beutiful now and I love it

Old 12-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

I too have had nothing but smooth sailing except for the rare flare ups (self imposed)... About a week and half ago I have had the dreaded passenger side water leak, floor is soaked and living in Vancouver, I need to repair this immediately... Anyway, I'm going to search the forum for advise, I remember several threads on this very topic... All in all, a great exciting and dependable ride...

Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
About a week and half ago I have had the dreaded passenger side water leak, floor is soaked and living in Vancouver, I need to repair this immediately... Anyway, I'm going to search the forum for advise, I remember several threads on this very topic...
Odds are, this is the fix you need for that leak (I did it myself, worked perfect, took my 10 minutes and it really was a super cheap part from the dealer):
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...lem-fix-26663/

Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Johnboyp92
And most of all this happened within the first year after i got the car, the guy who owned it before was an idiot who NEVER maintained anything CORRECTLY
Sadly I think you hit the nail on the head. If you own a car and beat the crap out of it and/or neglect proper maintenance (oil changes being the top of that list), kiss reliability good by.

I can be hard on my cars, but I keep up with maintenance and repairs, they serve me great for many miles.

Glad it sounds like you got your issues finally resolved! Hopefully happy miles ahead!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So many Montes with problems and...