General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

So I guess there is nobody with knowledge here?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default So I guess there is nobody with knowledge here?

I find it interesting that nobody seems to be able to answer my questions, thought a forum is also there to help fellow owners. From electrical to wheel questions, no response.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by volkerc
Ist there a link where I can find where all of the electric connectors go on a 3100 V6 in a 1995 Monte Carlo? Previous owner pulled them all, didn't label them.

Need especially to know where the wire that goes from the VSS goes to.
Route it between manifold heatshield and head? Or below manifold? And where the heck does it plug into?

And I have a question regarding the 98 3100 engine. The 1995 had a temp sensor (one wire)in the cylinder head closest to the firewall, the 98 doesn't. Can I run a 98 engine with all the electrical wiring from a 95? What is that temp sensor for? There is still one by the thermostat.

Buy a Haynes Manual.........

Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just gotta be patient. there is alot of knowledge and kind folks here!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I find it interesting that nobody seems to be able to answer my questions, thought a forum is also there to help fellow owners. From electrical to wheel questions, no response.
What are your questions? I come here reular and haven't seen any of your posts.

Sometimes posts get overlooked and need to Be bumped to reappear om the list <bumped> </bumped>

Anyrate insulting the group will not get you the reasponse you wished for...just sayin

Old 03-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I tracked down and reasponded to all of youre posts to the best of my knowledge.

BTW welcome to the fourm - if you post again and no one reasponds chances are it moved off the new post list and needs to be Bumped by reasponding to it yourself so it moves back on the new post list once more.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:32 PM

This is a forum of owners, not engineers, techs, parts people, etc. I only answer question I know I have the answer, and 6th gen ONLY. I am not going to post wrong or useless info just because.

I deal with junk cars all day at work. The last thing I want to do is do research for people that are too lazy.

You must also remember that this forum is free. If you want to pay there are plenty of other sites that would love to take your money and answer all your stupid questions. One more person to add to my ignore list. No need to help someone who has no respect for any of the other members after being here a whopping month.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

We are all people with lives, jobs, families and friends.
Sometimes we don't come on for a day or two and the threads can get bumped down out of sight.
We try our best to help and some might slip through the cracks.
Like others stated this is a forum of owners, not experts.
I understand your frustration but please keep your rudeness in check and next time just politely ask why you havn't had a answer yet.
If you want go to the daily blog where members show up everyday and ask them to take a look at your thread and see if they can help.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Not sure about everyone else, but if i dont know the answer to something i'm no gonna post. Sure there is alot of knowledge here, but we dont know everything.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I agree with other members. Trying to insult the forum will get you no where but ignored or if its bad enough banned. I'm sorry no one answered your question but I also agree buy a Haynes manual. The members here have a lot of knowledge but we do not know everything. No one knows everything and if you feel you do you are foolish. I know a lot of info about the 6th Gen 3800 only as that's what I have. And to be honest this is the first post I have seen from you. I never seen you post asking a question. Things do get over looked from time to time. We try our best as members to help each other but I'll be honest I am going to work before I will get on mcf. Work pays my bills and buys car parts not mcf.

I must say though this is the most pleasant forum I am a member of, most of our members are great people!!

Old 03-12-2013, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member

Whoever wants to ignore me can do so, I didn't insult anybody in specific, just stated that there doesn't seem to be much knowledge around, and it was meant regarding the 95 Montes. I usually build V* engines, Pontiacs, 2nd gen F bodies withou all that emission crap. I bought a gm manual, I don't buy haynes, or others, usually a waste of money. But I'm still waiting for the manual to arrive, so I asked my questions hoping an owner of these cars would come forward, telling me how one particular wire is routed, which is the main question I'm having, everything else I can figure out one way or the other. I'm also enlisted in other car forum that have less to do with Montes, and the responses there are faster, so I stated what I thought seemed a difference.

Quick Reply: So I guess there is nobody with knowledge here?