General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The snow brings problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh man! Sorry to hear about the two weeks you've had.

It's taught me something though. Don't drive around Chicago in the winter. (sorry, couldn't resist)

The sad truth is there's always people who are going to drive around with worn out brakes and bald tires. There's countless reasons why they do it. None of which justify causing an accident.

This may be going to extremes. But there is a Canadian province (Quebec) that requires by law, that every vehicle MUST use snow tires during certain months of the year.

That may be something some states may end up needing to do. Wouldn't be popular with voters though.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Taz
Oh man! Sorry to hear about the two weeks you've had.

It's taught me something though. Don't drive around Chicago in the winter. (sorry, couldn't resist)

The sad truth is there's always people who are going to drive around with worn out brakes and bald tires. There's countless reasons why they do it. None of which justify causing an accident.

This may be going to extremes. But there is a Canadian province (Quebec) that requires by law, that every vehicle MUST use snow tires during certain months of the year.

That may be something some states may end up needing to do. Wouldn't be popular with voters though.
I wouldnt mind that snow tires are required in ny! my dad has them on his f150,i havent had to put it in 4wd yet!:p

Old 01-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Personally, I always use snow tires in the winter now. Have them mounted on separate rims. This saves my "good" rims, and gives me better traction in the winter.

Unfortunately, if it was made a law, I think people would see it as another money grab and more government interfering in their lives. I think it would be political suicide for any politician that is in favor of it.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sucks to here - I got "tapped" twice with the Silver Monte and it wasn't even winter - I think having a Silver car it's invisible to everyone on the road.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow Wow Wow that really sucks... I'd avoid that section of town for the rest of the winter!....

Same story here too though....people that live in michigan (especialy those that have lived here all there lives)..It starts with the first snow fall....They all seem to forget how to drive in it? Daaaaa

Maybe i should open up a school for winter driveing? I think i'd be rich by now if I did !!!

Sorry for luck!

Hope the repairs are minimal and doesnt hurt the value of your ride!!!
or the Appearance!

Old 01-22-2012, 03:18 PM

Well when i spoke to thier insurance company i had to plea with them that they dont report all three accidents to carfax just the last one and thats it. And sux Chicago wont allow for snow chains cuz after every major snow storm it takes them over a week before they start plowing the roads. Also i have snow tires on all four corners but how often do i see others do the same is almost 1 driver out of every 500, mainly i think its because they cost alot and most people are either broke, dont have jobs, or thier wifes cant stop blowing all the money on shopping malls. But one thing i try to tell all my friends and relatives is put ur better tires in the back and load the trunk with 100-500 pounds of weight.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:37 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that; its unfortunate that you have to pay for other's mistakes but hope that you'll be able to get it solved somewhat easily

Old 01-22-2012, 03:58 PM

glad i have new all seasons and abs and no traction control snow driving is easy

Old 01-22-2012, 05:14 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I hate other drivers.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
I hate other drivers.
LMAO i'm with you on that one

Quick Reply: The snow brings problems...