General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The snow brings problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default The snow brings problems...

in the past two weeks i got rear ended 3 times in my Monte Carlo, this is the price you have to pay for keeping up with maintenance and decent driving skills. all three cars that rear ended me (all at separate times) had either bald tires or brake pads that are worn out to their back plate.
first guy that hit me *19 y.o. texting while driving* barely touched me but enough to crack the rear bumper though he got a pretty hefty ticket $500 for texting while driving.
2nd guy two days later had his front tires on his Caprice that were so bald they looked like slicks he also got a ticket for failure to reduce speed/avoid accident,
and the third guy with his Jetta the brakes were grinding so imagine how bad they're worn out he got like 5 tickets i think for a bunch of stuff he didn't have but he did have insurance cause he did the most damage where it knocked out my rear bumper off and hit the rear deck lid and the both tail lights broke.
funny thing that all 3 guys had same insurance company so the car is going into a shop comes tuesday next week but seriously because i have good tires and brakes and everybody else that fails to do that makes me the one who has to pay the ultimate sacrifice!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:43 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Sounds like a rough 2 weeks sorry to hear!
When the snow fly the bad drives come out thats for sure! people think they are invincible sometimes!

Old 01-20-2012, 05:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Wow that's some bad luck right there. I try to keep the car in the driveway as much as possible when it's snowing.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 PM

that's some bad luck, hope things get better!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
in the past two weeks i got rear ended 3 times in my Monte Carlo, this is the price you have to pay for keeping up with maintenance and decent driving skills. all three cars that rear ended me (all at separate times) had either bald tires or brake pads that are worn out to their back plate.
first guy that hit me *19 y.o. texting while driving* barely touched me but enough to crack the rear bumper though he got a pretty hefty ticket $500 for texting while driving.
2nd guy two days later had his front tires on his Caprice that were so bald they looked like slicks he also got a ticket for failure to reduce speed/avoid accident,
and the third guy with his Jetta the brakes were grinding so imagine how bad they're worn out he got like 5 tickets i think for a bunch of stuff he didn't have but he did have insurance cause he did the most damage where it knocked out my rear bumper off and hit the rear deck lid and the both tail lights broke.
funny thing that all 3 guys had same insurance company so the car is going into a shop comes tuesday next week but seriously because i have good tires and brakes and everybody else that fails to do that makes me the one who has to pay the ultimate sacrifice!!!
I got tagged by a Taurus today. So far just the right fender and tie rod.
His Taurus DA WHOLE FRONT CLIP!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
2nd guy two days later had his front tires on his Caprice that were so bald they looked like slicks he also got a ticket for failure to reduce speed/avoid accident
but seriously because i have good tires and brakes and everybody else that fails to do that makes me the one who has to pay the ultimate sacrifice!!!
Aren't all Caprices RWD? If so, I wonder how the rear tires are (perhaps they were recently rotated and that's why the fronts were shot).

As for ultimate sacrifice, nah, there's a higher price to pay. Everyone walked from each accident. But it sucks, you do what you need to make sure your ride is safe BUT that does NOT mean others do the same....

Old 01-21-2012, 01:41 AM

I hate other peoples parking in the snow just as much as there driving!!!

Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM

Snow is one reason why Monte and I got the hell out of the North. People can't drive in it, and even if they can it doesn't always work. So sorry to hear about your wretched luck. You should be good on minor accidents for the rest of your life after this, you'd think. Glad everyone was OK though, although I don't think I would have minded if the texter would have got a little banged up... I kid, I kid, mostly... I really hate drivers who text behind the wheel.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:30 PM

Sorry to hear about that man gzz 3 times in such a short period of time is ridiculous, seems like people forget how to drive in snow every time it hits.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bald tires are an issue, my rear tires are low on tread and it spun me around on the highway, across 3 lanes of traffic and into a wall

Quick Reply: The snow brings problems...