General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sliver and I got into a car accident today : - (

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 07:35 PM

I'm glad you're ok! The guy hit you, he didn't have a valid DL and his insurance is iffy at best, so I wouldn't be concerned about who's at fault. Now, getting the car fix is another matter. Your best bet is to take the dude to court and let the law put him in county jail. That should be one heck of a way of spending Thanksgiving, maybe the turkey in jail isn't too bad. Let the full weight of the law bury this guy! No one hits our cars and gets away with it, lol.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 PM

OUCH! glad your OK... Yea Your lucky the ground effecs doesnt look to bad.... THATS BIG BUCKS... really.. When the tow truck Droped/ FLAT DECKed my car. (because of SOME ONE TRYING TO STEAL MY BABY the Driver F*d Up my Side skirt, front lip kit and Left Fender Bad.. 6000$dmg in 1 tow JOB LOL.. The Front Lip kit/ground effecs from GM was 1100.. and side skirt was 900.. body shop loved my car / Poject had to re-paint Left and right side skirts paint front ground effects. They also painted in between both fenders and blend half the doors and repaint left fender. And Wile their at it I told them to Paint My mirroirs silver.. (Painter Called me 2 Times saying that the paint isnt going to stick to the mirriors and will Flack off..) Once I get my Camera Back ill show Befor and after pictures..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

That's exactly why I park in the back of the lots and take the shuttle to the store.....no license "but" he did have insurance! let me guess "EAGLE MAN" or Justin Case!!!!! the damage looks a bit worse than him just pulling out from a space......But really what was he doing at "Bed Bath and Beyond"?

Old 11-14-2009, 09:27 PM

thank goodness your ok i just got side swiped this morrning i had two of my coworkers with me do to down time with there bow tie. the guy who side swiped me said i hit him even though my coworker called 911 and on the phone with them. giving the outher cars info as in licence plate make and model. i chaced him down 12 miles befor he pulled off in a parking lot. saying why i was chasing him thank god my coworker was still on the phon with the cops they got every thing. pkus he swung on me. hmm 3 aganst one he didnt do the math and we were a bit bigger then he was he was showing of his frekin honda to his girlfriend. what pissed me off was he was show boating wheb his dad came to get the honda towed his son was arrested for assalt and fleeing the scene of an accedent his girl friend didnt want to ride in a toyota preus. she wanted to drive the honda reality check on the guy and his girlfriend

Old 11-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Amy: in Pa, you don't have a valid driver's license your *** is automatically at fault, they TOW YOUR CAR, and you get a free ride in a police car. Why, did they not tow him?? If he did not have a valid driver's license, that car should have been towed immediately, since he OBVIOUSLY can't drive it, and the cop should have been on the phone with his insurance company trying to verify if it was legal or lapsed.... They did that when Kevin got yanked for running a red light (because I was the one who blew it but HE was the one who got caught) and for his insurance company's mess up FOUR YEARS AGO he had a lapse of insurance that never got updated... They wouldn't even let ME drive his car, they TOWED IT!

Old 11-14-2009, 11:16 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The reason why he didn't get towed is because it was on private property. Now, if the cop followed him out of the parking lot onto a main street, then he could pull him over.

I was parked pretty far out, but that still doesn't stop idiots driving across the parking lot. I know at least 2 other people who got hit in parking lots - not safe for anyone! That is why I do most of my shopping online.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:28 PM

That "private property" loophole.... GRR!!! I do all of my shopping online, you can find coupon codes easier, save more money and less hassle of waiting in line... however, I DO like being able to stuff my closet full o goodies!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Ya i was always told an accident in a parking lot was not covered under insurance polices except for business policies, at least for mine and i have state farm, but hope it works out for u.

I got rear ended by some dush who tailgated me after blowing his horn at me to turn across an intersection that i did not feel safe crossing with cars coming the other way. then i briefly touch the brakes and bam. came out to be like $2500 to fix. The silver bumper they put on mine matched perfect color wise but the bottom of it was rough instead of smooth they said thats the way gm makes it now.

Old 11-15-2009, 01:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

If there is any light to the situation other than that you are ok, its that you will probably not have any body filler on the car when its all said and done. New bumper cover, new fender and it didnt look like the hood got damaged. If you get to talk to the insurance adjuster, mention that you want OEM parts, not aftermarket. You probably will still get aftermarket parts, but it never hurts to ask.

Old 11-15-2009, 12:27 PM

Sorry to hear about this. When they repair and if the insurance company doesn't want to put OEM parts back on let them know...if a OEM part came off then a OEM part goes back on. If you still have a loan on it then you can get the bank behind you or you can tell them that if they do not fix it to your liking then they will be talking to your lawyer.

Quick Reply: Sliver and I got into a car accident today : - (