General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:07 PM

I have a few extra of the "monte carlo" windsheild decals if anyone wants one they are 30.00 thats what I paid to have them made. so just add postage and i will send you one.

They are exact copies of the originals. if you can even find them at the dealer they were around 245.00 last time i checked

Old 06-01-2014, 05:25 AM

my 2003 pace car I got used in 2007 didn't have the checkered decals or taz! not sure if it was ordered this way or not? it has the other badging though,kinda like it this way as I never liked the decals except on the 2001 black cars,I saw them at Daytona in 01 the year Dale died! we were in the infield when he hit the wall,sad day!

Old 06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Super Job with details !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Lastly is the 2003 Monte Carlo SS Pace Car

This Pace Car was superior blue with the galaxy silver high sport kit. There were 1,401 produced. It also had basically the same interior as the 2002 Pace Car. Not much to say anymore so on to pics!

Exterior:

Interior:

Engine Bay:

Well there they are. Hopefully I got all of my facts straight and that y’all enjoyed this thread and maybe learned some stuff from it. If anyone else has any facts or comments they want to add please do. This thread made me want these Pace Cars even more, especially the 2001 =) Thanks for checking it out! Keep an eye out for the 6th Gen NASCAR Special Edition Thread and the 6th Gen General Options Thread for they shall be coming very soon, hopefully.
This is great Research and fun to know this. I only know of one in the 5th Generation Monte's and that was the 94 Brickyard 400 it was a Z-34 white and Purple. Ok, But not a big deal. I have a photo attached for reference. Thanks again for creating this.

Attached Thumbnails Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions-95-pace-car.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 09:23 PM

Po So we just bought this 2005 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged. It was sold as a "pacecar". To my knowledge, there was no 05 pacecar. Can anyone help me out? All the decals appear to have been there since birth. It DOES have the door sill plates, it does not have pace car on the dash or limited edition in the cluster. I couldn't figure out how to post pics anywhere. It has big eagles/american flags on the quarters, blue stripes with red ouline, and colored "official NASCAR pacecar rocker decals

Old 04-29-2015, 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mZ34c99
Po So we just bought this 2005 Monte Carlo SS Supercharged. It was sold as a "pacecar". To my knowledge, there was no 05 pacecar. Can anyone help me out? All the decals appear to have been there since birth. It DOES have the door sill plates, it does not have pace car on the dash or limited edition in the cluster. I couldn't figure out how to post pics anywhere. It has big eagles/american flags on the quarters, blue stripes with red ouline, and colored "official NASCAR pacecar rocker decals
All easily purchasable from a dealer or aftermarket. You are correct in saying there was no pace car from that year.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:44 PM

Thanks for this post. I just recently got a 2002 Pace Car and was hoping to find more info on it. Gave me alot of insite. The yellow 2002 is by far my favorite, and had the least made.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:45 PM

I have a 2000 Pace Car that is in excellent condition. Unfortunately, in July, the cig lighter shorted and burnt the wiring harness. I don't want to see it get crushed. If anyone has an interest in getting it to get it going again or could help me find someone to do it, let me know. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2015, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by wingsaircharter
I have a 2000 Pace Car that is in excellent condition. Unfortunately, in July, the cig lighter shorted and burnt the wiring harness. I don't want to see it get crushed. If anyone has an interest in getting it to get it going again or could help me find someone to do it, let me know. Thanks!
Got it going. Runs great again. Thanks to those who replied!

Old 11-12-2015, 06:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by wingsaircharter
Got it going. Runs great again. Thanks to those who replied!
Great that you were able to get it back on the road.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully it won't happen again. Was the lighter socket fuse protected? You may want to check on that, I have seen them with a fuse right in back of the lighter.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 AM

Just by the fuse in the panel that was a Harbor Freight fuse that didn't blow.
Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Great that you were able to get it back on the road.
Sorry to hear about the damage. Hopefully it won't happen again. Was the lighter socket fuse protected? You may want to check on that, I have seen them with a fuse right in back of the lighter.

Quick Reply: Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions