General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Len89
Do you know of any members here who have done it? I'd be interested in seeing some pictures
Id like to but not with out the rest of the pace car kit to go with it,..hahahaha

Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM

Just not saw this thread GOOD JOB!!!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Miller monte's the only one on here that i know didn't come with the pace car graphics. Both the OEM and aftermarket are vinyl, it's just that the OEM is much better quality from my understanding. . . probably thicker

Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Pace car decals arnt any better quality its just has a bit of a color shift in it

Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM

Man I love that two tone interior! And I can use some of those decals! LOL.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Hey guys! So this is a thread that explains the sixth generation Monte Carlo packages offered on the sixth generation (2000-2005) Monte Carlos that I know of. I know it’s taken me forever to get around to doing them but I did some research on the internet to make sure I had all of the information right & to figure out if I was missing any but it looked like I was not, but if you guys know of any I missed, please feel free to add to the thread =) Also all of these pics were taken from ads off cars.com and a couple others. Sorry for the bad quality of some of them

First off is the Pace Car Replicas…

The pace car editions were offered on the Monte Carlos during the years of 2000, 2001, 2002, & 2003. Each year had a specific color to go with it, and each year/color had specific features that make it unique. However, they share a vast amount of features. They include the following:
· Galaxy Silver ground effects/high sport kit
· Checkered flagging decals on fenders & doors
· TAZ decals on quarter panels & trunk lid behind the Monte Carlo script
· “Race Inspired” rear spoiler that resembles the look of the NASCAR spoiler—aka the Pace Car spoiler
· Limited Edition Plaque on trunk lid
· Monte Carlo script on the dash is replace with “Pace Car”
· Gauge cluster displays “Limited Edition” below the speedometer where it would say “Apply Brake To Shift From Park”
· 16-inch diamond-cut-cast-aluminum wheels
· Door sills that display the Monte Carlo nameplate
· Ebony interior with leather bucket seats
· Stainless-steel dual exhaust tips
· 4 colors made with a specific color designated for the year
· Limited production of each one
· Each came with a spoiler decal that stated “Team Monte Carlo” and a windshield banner that stated “Monte Carlo” but it was an owner’s option, meaning that they came in a separate box so the owner could decide if they even wanted the decals on the car. This also gave the owner the ability to pick where they wanted the decal to be. For example, instead of putting the spoiler decal on the backside of the spoiler to display with the rest of the trunk panel, some decided to place the decal on the front side of the spoiler like what was done with the true NASCAR Pace Car Monte Carlos
· Came with Certificate of Authenticity
anyone know where i can order the "ground effects" i have a 2000 pace car with a different bumper that i was going to paint. would it look the same or should i just go to the trouble of getting the real thing.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:38 PM

does anyone know if SpinEm_90 will be ok with me using all the info she found and posted for a page on my pace car site, she did a very good job on writing out info about each pacecar and creating this thread, i sent her a message here on the forum and also on facebook but haven't got any reply from her.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM

I have a question.... Is the Taz decal under the "Monte Carlo" emblem or is he cut or in 2 pieces to go around the emblem? Please let me know

Old 09-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bellyisis
I have a question.... Is the Taz decal under the "Monte Carlo" emblem or is he cut or in 2 pieces to go around the emblem? Please let me know
I believe it goes under the emblem

Old 09-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In the pictures I've seen. It looks like the Taz decal goes on first. Then the Monte Carlo badge over top of the Taz decal.

Quick Reply: Sixth Gen Options Thread: Pace Car Editions