General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): A shot in the dark..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default A shot in the dark..

*Sigh* So....who has a copy SLP grill or a SLP/Stewart grill they're selling?

Old 05-22-2020, 06:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

haha good luck! Definitely a hard to find item.

Old 05-22-2020, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
haha good luck! Definitely a hard to find item.
LOL damn! You laughed at me, that goes to show you how hard this piece is to find! 😂

Old 05-23-2020, 07:58 AM

I was this close *pinching finger motion* to getting a TS one about a month ago..

This girl was "parting out" her tony stewart before scrapping it..

I was stupid enough to tell her how rare they were and she changed her mind.

She scrapped the car with it still on it. By the time I went out there it was gone.

What luck huh??

Btw, I was offering her $200 for it. Crazy!

Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
I was this close *pinching finger motion* to getting a TS one about a month ago..

This girl was "parting out" her tony stewart before scrapping it..

I was stupid enough to tell her how rare they were and she changed her mind.

She scrapped the car with it still on it. By the time I went out there it was gone.

What luck huh??

Btw, I was offering her $200 for it. Crazy!
W...T...F?! Smh..women..

Old 05-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Well I have one of the SLP's new in the box. Seems like I never get around to having a copy made. Any 3D printing places here say it is to large for their machines. The last shop gave me a link to a place in Las Vegas that has an adequate sized printer, but that is as far as I have taken it. One place in China said they would do it but I would have to send them the physical piece, no photos, but the actual piece so I backed out of any further talks. I want to keep this in case I ever had a front end collision and the one mounted was destroyed I would be able to rebuild the cars front end except for the grille as they are so very rare. Anyway lately I think about dumping my Monte as it just sits month after month, year after year under a car cover. Rarely ever use it, feeling like its time to move on. Years later and untold thousands of dollars and I don't even enjoy the car anymore. Why I'm saying all of this is should I pull the trigger and sell the Monte (in all reality it would probably go for some chump change) I would sell this grille. Let me get off my butt and make contact with this Vegas shop and see what they can do. I was over at the local mall yesterday and noticed a place that gives 3D printing classes. They had a rather large 3D printer set up right behind the main window and my mind immediately turned to the grille. My daughter works at the mall, I will ask her to tell me when the place reopens from this COVID junk, as some stores are still closed, this one included. If I do sell it I would want $500 for it. Then whoever gets it can go and try to make copies and then reap some profits to recoup their purchase money. If I can get them 3D printed they would be substantially less. My cost plus perhaps $75 per grille. What it would cost to print them is the unknown. When I sign off here I will go through my emails and find the Vegas places info and see what they may or not be able to do. I tend to think any legitimate place may hedge on doing this as it may be patent protected, then that is another whole can of worms. I have thought about changing the grille design as a work around. Say instead of the diamond mesh look do squares or circles something to that effect.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by FatalcMCSS
W...T...F?! Smh..women..

Im still holding onto hope that ill "see" it around my area. Nobody went out to that junkyard specifically looking for that grill. The guy who runs the yard says he didnt sell it to anyone either so that means it was stolen. I know a shady fella who likes to lurk around out there so... Anyway, theres hope ill come up with it.. Well figure something out regarding copying it if I end up getting it.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Well sent out another email, this time to a place in Ogden,Ut. My mistake earlier, thought it was Las Vegas as I have chased this for a minute, not in earnest though. So I will let you know their response asap. Attached copies of different emails so you know I have and am still attempting this. $500 to me is not so much compared to the many thousands dumped in the car. I know it may be a sticker shock thing to people but how many are left out there to be had. Bet it will cost 500 to get any order of them made by the time they charge for set up and a minimum or a one off production run a person would be close to that. So keep it in perspective. I understand it would be gutsy to buy 1 grille for 5, stick it on your Monte and then have someone pry it off and you are back to ground zero. So it more than likely would be an investment buy with intent to have additional ones fabricated for resale. I will keep you posted, lol. Not trying to be a gouger, but this is easliy worth I'm asking to a motivated individual. But stand by, lets see how the shoe falls.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Well sent out another email, this time to a place in Ogden,Ut. My mistake earlier, thought it was Las Vegas as I have chased this for a minute, not in earnest though. So I will let you know their response asap. Attached copies of different emails so you know I have and am still attempting this. $500 to me is not so much compared to the many thousands dumped in the car. I know it may be a sticker shock thing to people but how many are left out there to be had. Bet it will cost 500 to get any order of them made by the time they charge for set up and a minimum or a one off production run a person would be close to that. So keep it in perspective. I understand it would be gutsy to buy 1 grille for 5, stick it on your Monte and then have someone pry it off and you are back to ground zero. So it more than likely would be an investment buy with intent to have additional ones fabricated for resale. I will keep you posted, lol. Not trying to be a gouger, but this is easliy worth I'm asking to a motivated individual. But stand by, lets see how the shoe falls.

If I could get some one to Trace the thing on paper and send it to me I could make one.

Old 05-26-2020, 01:02 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
If I could get some one to Trace the thing on paper and send it to me I could make one.
LOL< hey Dean. It is actually a bit complicated with compound curves. People on here have tried in the past and you never see a finished product. Guess it would crinkle in the middle as you attempt to bend it to the curvature of the body in conjunction with the curved perimeter. But hey I'm all for it in that I could accurately trace the exterior shape out but not be able to reflect the extent degree of curve (crown) needed. It is like taking a flat piece of metal and trying to bend two curves into it. Unless you are seeing something I'm not, you being an E7 and all, you do out rank me so I will do as ordered. Shall I follow through and send you one out? You pay the shipping, looked it up it's like $666 one way. lol, Devils Guard! So is this something you want done? I will use invisible ink for security purposes, so you need to breakout your black light used to detect counterfeit currency or the one in you man cave over all the ZIGZAG man velvet posters. That is if Mrs. Bigglesworth lets you still have them.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): A shot in the dark..