General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The Saturday Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Default RE: The Saturday Fiasco

Oh, I've done things like that before. I remember there was about an inch of snow on the roads, they hadn't been packed yet, as it was late on a weekend. I was younger, driving the parents minivan, and got a wheel on the shoulder. Well I go to steer back on the road, and knowing better, just the gentlest little bit of pressure, I mean, I was being super careful. Well the lip must have been more significant than the snow cover was hinting at, because even as careful as I was being the van went sideways almost immediately. So I'm counter steering, and not touching the brakes, and freaking because at this time there WAS a semi quickly closing the distance. Luckily however I just ended up on the shoulder, missed the semi by perhaps 2 seconds.

Well, I suppose the wheel is more convenient, being that you don't have to open the hood, but sheesh, you'd think they'd rather winch by something that doesn't have to be aligned so perfectly.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:51 AM

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]Hi Nick L,[/align][align=center]I just looked at your profile, and you are a young police officer. [8D][/align][align=center]Are you in traffic patrol, or all duties ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]What type of patrol car to you have ?[/align][align=center]Oh, I'm happy that you have super taste in your personal vehicle [/align][align=center]Do you like being in law enforcement ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Interesting snow/storm/ story.[/align][align=center]Thanks for your Service, & we wish you a safe career.[/align][align=center]Peace to `all,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]I started when i was 20. I have about 3.5 years experience.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]General patrol we do it all where i work now. I am going to a new department on the 17th, its a lot bigger town, so i'll just be responding to service calls and not doing any detecting or as much traffic. [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]We have Impalas where i work now. THe new one has crown victorias and i seen two honda accords (wierd) in the parking lot.[/align][align=left][/align][align=center][/align][align=left][align=left][/align][/align]
[/quote]

Old 12-05-2007, 06:32 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

generally speaking i'd think the V8 crown vics are faster... but for snow i'd rather have that front wheel drive impala by a long shot.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 AM

Since no one has seemed to answer your question I'll give it a go. NO you cannot use the motor mounts as a pulling point for the car. They were designed for support of the motor only NOT the entire car. And your alignment could be off since you went into a ditch kind of fast.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 PM

generally speaking i'd think the V8 crown vics are faster... but for snow i'd rather have that front wheel drive impala by a long shot.
believe it or not Impala 3.9 much faster that v-8 ford interceptor
I think they both suck in the snow, but its harder to do donuts in the snow with front wheel drive, you gotta do them backwards, you know how us cops like donuts.[8D]
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...s_210486_7.pdf

Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 PM

5 Year Member

o, a 3.9 i imagine so... for some reason i was thinking the 2000-2005 Impala...

Old 12-05-2007, 11:06 PM

I've seen a couple of 2000-05 impalas serving as police cars.... maybe even one or two newer ones. They're usually subjected to the mundane tasks tho.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:42 AM

Even the old 2000-2005 Impalas were quicker to 60 than Crown Vics. The new 3.9 Impalas are even faster. We have police using them around here.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Of course, it doesn't really matter how fast the police car is. You can't outrun the two-way radio.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:24 PM

5 Year Member

ha, i just thought of a story when you said "you can't out run the 2 way"

My dad was living in Florida when I-95 was being opened up in places... this particualr stretch was from north of Titusville to Cocoa Beach, a few miles south of Titusville. All in all, about a 30 mile stretch. They clocked a Masarati out there doing 185, and couldn't catch it. They had to set up a huge road block at the end of the interstate (very quickly, he was coming pretty fast), and they got him... when the cop wrote the ticket, he said "you can outrun our cars.. but you can't outrun the radio." The man laughed and said "Next time I'll out run the radio."

Quick Reply: The Saturday Fiasco