General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sad day for Me and my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The bright side of this is, you'll be able to get all the rust in that area taken care of.

Have you thought of painting the "Monte Carlo" badges a different color? With the badges coming off for the body work, that would be the perfect time to do it. Or maybe just leave it off, and de-badge the other side too?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM

i would be like you ready to rip some faces off lol....sorry to hear about it man what a shame

Old 09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member1 Year Member

I never actually thought about painting the "Monte Carlo" badges a different color, but I like the idea. I think I might do that. Thanks for the idea :P

Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM

sorry dude that sucks

Old 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Default ouch.....

Ouch !
I hate it when people do that. Chances are...that whoever hit you may not even know about it ?
Why not paint the MC badge Silver to match the ground affects ?

Old 10-01-2010, 02:48 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That really sucks bad. I've had cars hit before in parking lots and been stuck with the bill. At least the damage is minimal. Could have been down the whole side or crushed an entire quarter panel. when you get it fixed try to wheel and deal and get any other chips, nicks or scratches fixed(if you have any). If it has to be done might as well do it all right.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

I'd be beyond furious. I was furious over a teeny, tiny door ding.
While I was at a convention hubby and a friend ran around town in mine. They both know how **** I am about my baby and the friend is a jokester. They come back and friend says that someone hit my car - he of course was joking and there was nothing there. The next day they run around again, when they came back I immediately noticed the tiny ding and green paint - they hadn't even seen it. It was not there the day before.
Even in rain, I don't know how you could've missed that dent, unless it was dark. Sorry some scumbag didn't have the cajones to leave a note.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by nyislanders
I left my school today to go and get lunch, only to find my car had been hit by someone. Damage isn't bad, but enough to get me angry enough to rip someones face off. Not sure when it happened, but today is the first time I noticed it. No note or anything, just some nice scratches and dents.
I feel for you, buddy. My wife's Monte got whacked in a parking lot just a couple weeks ago. We got lucky and a good Samaritan chased down the fleeing car. It was an older lady. That gave my wife time to run out and see what happened. The lady still tried to get away claiming that she was on the way to the hospital where her Dad was in ICU. My son was quick to point out, 'Oh, but you had time to stop and do some shopping??? Nice try, lady!' She still only gave minimal info before driving off, refusing to let my wife see her insurance card. Only through the magical power of the internet was I able to track down her and, more importantly, her insurance company. Just got a check from her insurance company for the damage. Still sucks...

Old 10-01-2010, 07:45 AM

Hi `Bill,
Sorry to read/see your damage to your Monte
It's difficult to protect a car in today's Auto Jungle...It can be stressful, especially when you have to place your car into any parking lot : ( It's the price many pay that do their best to keep their cars in street/show or clean condition...

It was great to read that you have parents that will pay or assist in getting it repaired....You are lucky...I do hope that a witness
appears to I.D. the violator....Then you can put a few dents in their HEAD...(I am against violence, but there are exceptions when it comes to a Super Monte Carlo getting damaged: )

I hope that you find a good body-man/painter to bring it back better then new...Good Luck, and keep us updated `ok.
Peace/Out

Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nascar43
Ouch !
I hate it when people do that. Chances are...that whoever hit you may not even know about it ?
Why not paint the MC badge Silver to match the ground affects ?

There's no way someone can do that damage and not be aware of it. That was a blatant hit and run. Someone didn't have enough guts to do the right thing. So they took the easy way out and just left. Who knows? Maybe karma will get them?

Quick Reply: Sad day for Me and my Monte