General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Royal Purple oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Default Royal Purple oil

I will be switching from the factory stuff to Royal Purple here pretty soon as I have heard nothing but good things about it, from it's exceptionally superior protection, to it's longer change intervals, to it's increase fuel efficiency, to reduced emissions, to increased hp and torque. Are there any other synthetics that are just as good or is Royal Purple superior?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:45 AM
Default RE: Royal Purple oil

i have royal prup. in my tranny and then i run Mobil 1 fulsynthetic for the high pref. engins for the motor oil

the reason for the high pref. is due to me running up and down the auto bond it is just a bit thcker and will hold up better in longer trips.
other then that i would more then likly jus tuse the normal synthetic in the motor.
Ihave had real good luck with it and my motor was changed over at 300 miles on it. I basically drove it for a week to break it in and get the shavings and stuff that might be in the motor sitred up in to the oil then i flushed it and ran the mobil 1

Figure if it comes out of the factor in the vetts then they should be good with it in my monte. Just wish you could have this as a choice durring break in also.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:49 AM

I can get the Royal Purple stuff for $4.99 a quart, how much is Mobil 1?

Old 06-06-2005, 05:55 AM

prices vary but for the most part they are real close to each other.

I used kendel for years but they haddent came out with a synthetic yet not sure if they have in the last year or not but etheir way i could not get it here.

the last change i did cost me 80.00
but you have a money convertion in there to and that will vary also

if your paying less then 10.00 a qt. then i woul think your good to go.
big thing is pick one that you can get anywhere and or buy it buy the case so you have a extra one or two just incase ya need it

you will need 5 it will take 4.5 to fill it with new filter

Old 06-06-2005, 05:59 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

prices vary but for the most part they are real close to each other.

I used kendel for years but they haddent came out with a synthetic yet not sure if they have in the last year or not but etheir way i could not get it here.

the last change i did cost me 80.00
but you have a money convertion in there to and that will vary also

if your paying less then 10.00 a qt. then i woul think your good to go.
big thing is pick one that you can get anywhere and or buy it buy the case so you have a extra one or two just incase ya need it

you will need 5 it will take 4.5 to fill it with new filter
so im looking at $25, I can do that. The auto parts store down the street has quite a few RP products, I should be good!

Old 06-06-2005, 06:05 AM

like i said the converstion rate changes so much , IT sux
but hey price ya have to pay i guess but think it cost my wife to get hers changed on the old car in the state like 40.00 she did it threw one of the quickie lubes while i was still driving

but ethier way it is not to bad and well worth it in the long run my motor is still clean inside of it looks like it has no wear on it from what i can see threw the oil fill and looking threw the rockers the last time they tore it down i watched themdo it so i could see it

Old 06-06-2005, 06:08 AM

I figure with such low miles on my car, this would be the way to go since I plan on keeping it for a few years.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:12 AM

figure mine will be here till the wheels fall off LOL

Or the kids get it if they can prove that they wont tear it up but if that is the case i will be reprogramming it again and cutting it back to as low as i can. not to mention sme other things

Old 06-06-2005, 06:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

figure mine will be here till the wheels fall off LOL

Or the kids get it if they can prove that they wont tear it up but if that is the case i will be reprogramming it again and cutting it back to as low as i can. not to mention sme other things
LOL

I'm trying to move up to a GS400

Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 AM

lol

Quick Reply: Royal Purple oil