General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Rotten Roters

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Default RE: Rotten Roters

my monte had the same problem in it's first year. rotors were spun 3 times, then replaced. the replacement OEM rotors they put in worked fine. i'm running aftermarket rotors now and no warping so far. and i've had to stand on the brake pedal a few times.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:04 PM

my brake pedal pulses when i hit the breaks...but i dont have the money to take care of that now and dont want to do a half-*** job of it, does rotatin the rotors really do any good?

Old 12-17-2007, 02:28 PM

I just recently had my rotors turned under warrenty and they said it had something to do with "runout" being wrong. Danged if I know what the are talking about! Seems to be fine now but then again I have not had to really test them out either. Also had a tire pressure sensor replaced the same day.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:13 PM

I might beabel to help you out on this some.
Where in GE. are you?
I just left over there last FEB. with my 03 SS and yeah i know all about going on the autobhan and the stopping in less then desierabel distance.

There is a chevy dealer there in homburg. i will say this they SUCK!! and i think they are one of the worse expereinces i have ever had in G.M. and they were the only ones close to us in K-Town. I will do some digging to find thier name out again. but it was not a actual chevy dealer it was the other one (germanys chevy equal)

Also there is another Dealer.aqnd they are a Actual G.M. Dealer. they were up north from us in K-Town there. But you have to get ahold of the G.M. of G.E. witch is actually Cadalac of Europe. if you can read German then you can go to www.chevy.deand look up the dealerships in your area.

As far as the rotors working over there. The stock ones will work but they are not goign to be the best choice for this type of driving. . But they will do the trick.
1st. Dont hammer so hard in to the rotors unless you absolutly have to try slowing down some before your exit if you know the area.

Also
Also be ready to fight for the rotors. I had to argue with them for a while and not back down to get them to do the work over there. You have to look at it in thier eyes we are second class over there and a chevy over there is even worse unless it is the Vett. (and it is something else there not the Vett.)

But i did chenge mine out with a the stock rotors and also a set of new pads. but belive it or not i changed the pads over to a set of better pads. and they HELPED OUT A TON!!! while over there. they would slow ya down better and still not warp things. here is a link to them
http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=95...588+11920+9183

they changed the whole attitude of the way the car stoped.
Most folks think it is the number of pistons in the caliper . YES THIS HELPS !! BUT
the pads make up a ton of the diffrence and also making sure you bed the pads the right way helps a ton!!

other then that i guess the best thing i can do is tell ya to change it to Synthetic oils in the whole car to make sure that you dont hurt anything from heat for going at 100+
and make sure ya drive safe and enjoy your tiem there.

If you are close to Luxemburg every year they have a car show tha tis normally liek the first or second weekend of July. It is a nice show if ya go with others it is a good place to go have fun and the Germans and natives from Lux. are always interasted in a American car.
as far as the warping of the rotors from over tightening with a impact . this is defenly something to look at But if you do the work your self make sure ya do them right and hand tighten two oposing lugs first this will set the rotor in to place and then when you tighten them down do it in stages not all at one time on one lug. take them down evenly

Old 12-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Hey thanks for all the hospitality and the help. I am currenty near Spangdahlem. I hear there is a authorized service station near Bitburg but I would rather go to the dealer. I think I will get them to replace things and then go ahead and do the breaks over compleatly. I will check out that site you mentioned. Also thanks for the tip about the synthetic oil. The truth is I was really trying hard to keep the car fully dealer serviced but the hard truth is that it's expensive and even worse.....factory parts aren't always the best. I.E. the oil, breaks, air intake system and exhuast. I think I am going to start a thread about that see what people think. Thanks all for the help. Oh and what was your experience like here in germany with your Monte? I think I am pretty ruined with the speed and all. Do you remember exactly where that car show was? I am right near the Luxemburge Border.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:56 PM

not off the top of my head but go to our club site and dig aroudn and you might find info on it I know i havent done any editing there fora LONG time. We were in the K-town area at Ramstine.

as far as the way it was for the monte there it was pretty neat. most folks didnt know what it was or if they did they hadent seen one like mine. It took 4 trophies while over there at shows one was the last year for cars for stars it was nice but not sure they are goign to do it any more.
Ram has one every spring also.
spang was suposed to have one and also you have the Bit burg shows.
the one at spang was the last one i went to it was the cant make strugus bike run there. they have a car show also. Mine was there for it.
while there you will notice you goo to shows more for the fun of it then to actually win any of them.
we would drive aroudn on the autobahn and hit staus and it would cause folks to have accidents i know for fact i caused 3 pepole hadent seen one and they would take photos of it while you were running down the road etc... it was a trip.

As for the oil,air intake etc... i changed all of mine out and never looked back the one thing i did save till right before i left was the air box. But i also reprogramed my car while i was there. and also had done alot fo reserch to find out that there is really very littel that they can do to take that warrenty from you for having after market parts.
The syn. oils etc.. you are actually putting some thign that exceeds the factory specs witch it is stated this is a exceptabel thign to do.

the Lux show was there in the downtown part i will see if i cant find a flier on it or more info. I know it was threw the american road runners over there they had tons of american cars inthier club but they were all german and lux. natives.

our web site is
www.K-towncruisers.com
you can actually sing in there and might find some members that are still over there. we had some at spang. and even over by heidelburg but most were in or around K-town area where i was doing most of the leg work to get members.

Also do your self a favor and stay away from the tunner clubs there in or around K-town. (the one name escapes me off hand)
but they are or were being broke up due to them driffting aroudn the fountins in down town kiaserslutren. they had thier cars impounded and it didnt make a diffrence if you were doing it or not if you were there they took your car and you went to the Am. Jail for th enight and fines up the ****.
I will keep digging to see if i cant get more info on the car show for ya.