General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Redid a video of mine... (cam'd vid)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:55 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Redid a video of mine... (cam'd vid)

So I know I posted up the full length video awhile back (this was take last September-ish) and it had a lot of garbage in it. I got some free time lately, and decided to chop it down and add some notes (since I got a bunch of idiots flaming me for it on various forums)- so now its just down to the few parts worth watching.

For those of you with slow internet, its nothing crazy- mostly just idle clips w/ the cam. I drive it a little at the end, but it got a vac leak, and blew a brake line right before I drove it, so it was a VERY short/slow drive before I figured out what happened and brought it back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHCk1jBJqCs

Hopefully once I get a garage here soon, I can get one more decent vid (maybe some driving w/ some blower whine too?) before I start pulling it all apart again

edit- btw, if for some reason you want to see it full length- the first related video by jonny04srt4 is the original, but it sucks

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 04-11-2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:05 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My god.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

damn bum, what cam you got in there. sound very NICE! can't wait your next video. i got xp right now and am thinking of xpz what's your opinion on that?

Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 AM

Member: Bumpin96`Monte

Now, that's music 4 Sure
`Bump, thanks for all your helpful posts to
our membership.
I've learned a lot from your posts.
Thanks 4 posting/sharing

Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 AM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
damn bum, what cam you got in there. sound very NICE! can't wait your next video. i got xp right now and am thinking of xpz what's your opinion on that?
Its an Intense stage 3 blower w/ 1.7:1 rockers. Should be like .575/.585 or so lift. Honestly, I've been seriously considering upgrading to the PRJ cam that he made for jonbob's whipple car when I pull the engine again. Its a more aggressive cam, and would take me over .600 (the heads are good to .650 and the springs are 150#'s)- I had originally intended to do the Intense stage 4, but that was back when everyone said that it 'couldn't be driven on the street'- man how stuff has changed.

IMO the xpz is the best cam for an M90 with ported heads, and the xp is the best cam for an M90 with stock heads. Only reason I went with the Intense cam is because I liked the spec's better for the larger blower.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:44 PM

very nice. if ppl are makin fun of that i dont think you should be talkin on that forum. anyone who does all that work deserves credit. i gotta ask what kind of hp can it be making after the next cam swap?????

Old 04-12-2009, 07:07 PM

sounds pretty good. nice looking car too.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

did i hear a little rubbing of your exhaust as you backed out of the driveway?

that made me cringeeeeeeee

(but you have to love that 5th gen)

Old 04-13-2009, 03:00 PM
15 Year Member

i gotta ask what kind of hp can it be making after the next cam swap?????
The other whipple setup that is comparable to mine did ~525whp (their goal was 600 iirc, but they never had a chance to go back to the dyno b/c the tranny broke at the track). I'd like to try as hard as I can to hit 550-600whp- and then do spray on top of it. Since my balance shaft is deleted, I want to direct port nozzles up from the floor of the LIM with at least 100 shot. Its something I wanted to do originally when I did the swap anyways, but I ran out of time and money (and its going to take a little custom welding) before I had to get the engine in the car, so I figure now's my chance to do all the extra stuff that I wanted to do in the first place.

if ppl are makin fun of that i dont think you should be talkin on that forum.
Yeah, I got a lot of crap on other forums because people thought I was posting a vid of a completed setup- so thats most of the reason I got flamed. People didn't realize that the video (the original one) was literally the first startup with the whipple on.

sounds pretty good. nice looking car too.
Thanks, I need to do something with the bumpers. I wanted something different, and this is the only full body kit sold for the 5th gens- but I really want to do something with the back end, its just a little ricey for me. I originally thought the front was ricey, but maybe it won't be so bad once I put my IC radiator in the lower opening.

did i hear a little rubbing of your exhaust as you backed out of the driveway?

that made me cringeeeeeeee
Yeah- it rubs all the time. I have coilovers in the back, so I could jack it up all 4x4 style, but I thought it looked kinda neat with the backwards rake angle, so I just left it for now. It'll look better with front coilovers too so I can slam the whole car.

The exhaust sucks after the headers anyways- its press bent mild steel 3" with the single mangnaflow stainless muffler (the part that always rubs). I got it because I was running open downpipe back in the day- and the car was just insanely loud like that. I found 1 shop in town that would touch a car with no cat- and had planned just to have them weld a short piece of pipe- stick a muffler on the end, and put a turndown on it- my only request was the quietest aftermarket muffler they had (we tried about 4 or 5).

They said for another $50, they'd route it to the back of the car- so I just went with it (whole thing was like $175 w/ the muffler). So in my mind, its always been a temporary setup anyways- thats why I don't really care if it gets ruined.