General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Red car can't be fixed

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 04:37 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Unhappy Red car can't be fixed

So my red '04 SS won't pass VT inspection even if I have some work done. Runs great... but too much rot underneath. VT Inspection is crazy strict. Sad. Was hoping to use it for my winter car with a little work. So now looking for a winter car. If I can't find one, I'll have to put red car on blocks and take off the snow tires & rims. The new tires on the black car are GREAT on wet roads, but heavy snow -- meh. Almost slid through an intersection this morning on the way to work. I hate winter.

Old 11-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by RedandBlackSS
So my red '04 SS won't pass VT inspection even if I have some work done. Runs great... but too much rot underneath. VT Inspection is crazy strict. Sad. Was hoping to use it for my winter car with a little work. So now looking for a winter car. If I can't find one, I'll have to put red car on blocks and take off the snow tires & rims. The new tires on the black car are GREAT on wet roads, but heavy snow -- meh. Almost slid through an intersection this morning on the way to work. I hate winter.
You are in the Tundra area and it's always and early winter and a later spring. We went out that way back in 2012 or a Leaf Looker tour it was real pretty. The Stowe Mountain Lodge was my Favorite.

Old 11-15-2020, 06:01 PM
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

So I bought my black car a present... a 2004 VW Passat. 116 K, new studded Nokians all around. It's got a few "issues", hopefully not too pricey. Feels very solid, reliable, etc etc boring. BUT I do not want want 'exciting' winter driving. It wants to poke along about 42 mph. That's fine for winter. Everything is so stiff and awkward compared to the MOCs. I hope it last for several winters. I am tired of car shopping!

What made me decide to buy this Passat was this -- when I was trying it out, I almost had a head-on collision with this moron who was driving on the wrong side of the road, through a parking lot area at about 30 mph. He made a sharp turn almost into me. The front of his car was held together by bungi cords (slow learner apparently). I thought, if I was in my black car and he hit me like that, I would be so mad, I would want to kick the crap out of him! And there is just so many more chances of that happening in the winter. The Passat does have an excellent safety record also.

And when my poor black car was in the salt, a couple weeks ago, I felt so bad, I went and washed it right away. The car is 19 years old, and it was the first time it was ever in the salt.

So now I am doing the redneck thang and got me a winter car.