General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

rebuilding

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 02:24 AM
Default rebuilding

I'm doing a complete rebuild on my 3800 supercharged engine, dale Jr edition MC. I'm going to modify it as I go. What are some good suggestions for roller rockers, cam, headers, mufflers and pipe diameter? I'm not wanting it to sound like a civic or just plain crappy. I want a deep throaty sound so my exhaust is my big question and the others im not sure where to look or what to look for. Im also changing my SC pulley and cold starting the plugs and doing all the proper steps as far as air/fuel. Compression and pcm tuning im just used to the classic 350 carbureted stuff so some help please lol

Old 12-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ok you have a few things that don't go together here. But let's start with this, what's your whp goals? Are you attempting to build this from bare block up or use the short block and build from there? Not many people had good luck trying to rebuild the bottom end as they failed quickly and it costs way more, I would suggest using your short block if it's good or just getting a junk yard bottom end to use.

Mods from there will depend on what your goals are. So I will answer that at a later date. But keep in mind if your wanting around the 400whp range it would be cheaper in the long run to just go turbo honestly.

Last thing I will add for now until you supply more info is what's your plans for the trans? These trans are very weak and prone to break once more power is added.

There is a great link here called "general mod plan" I believe and it's a great read. I will see if I can get the link for you.

Old 12-03-2016, 01:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member