General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Opinion Needed: Rear Quarter Panel Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Rear Quarter Panel Ideas

Now we all know the MC has a lot of "room" for customization on the rear quarter panels.

Anyone have any ideas for a more sporty design choice?

Old 05-20-2019, 07:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool a few ideas I was able to find.

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
Now we all know the MC has a lot of "room" for customization on the rear quarter panels.

Anyone have any ideas for a more sporty design choice?
So are you looking to modify the body panel or achieve the look with paint of ground effects or a unique spoiler?

Old 05-20-2019, 07:23 AM

...That monstrosity

Old 05-20-2019, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member

Those are really cool ideas drivernumber03;

I actually have that champion rear bumper on my vehicle and im going to the shop tomorrow to get my racer side skirts painted and installed. I'm thinking of doing a universal duckbill spoiler just for a different look overall. I was also thinking of placing a fender vent on the rear panel by the rear tire but not just anything....it has to have some style.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:26 AM

IMO, this is the ultimate quarter panel look for the 6th gen body:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...e-carlo-51921/

No doubt a lot of work, but definitely looks a lot meaner with the flared out look.

Old 05-21-2019, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
IMO, this is the ultimate quarter panel look for the 6th gen body:

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...e-carlo-51921/

No doubt a lot of work, but definitely looks a lot meaner with the flared out look.
I have always LOVED that concept! I heard that front bumper style was available at one point in time....and those side exhausts look awesome!

But I'm hoping to put together an MC with high appeal....such a shame the 06 07 had the impala front fascia.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:06 AM

I have always LOVED that concept! I heard that front bumper style was available at one point in time....and those side exhausts look awesome!

But I'm hoping to put together an MC with high appeal....such a shame the 06 07 had the impala front fascia.
I bet that would cost stupid money to have a shop replicate with all those one off pieces / metal work, but it is gorgeous.

I was most surprised to see it wasn't a monte at all, it's a GP with monte styled body parts stuck on. Even had a GP scrap / salvage title.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member

I bet that would cost stupid money to have a shop replicate with all those one off pieces / metal work, but it is gorgeous.

I was most surprised to see it wasn't a monte at all, it's a GP with monte styled body parts stuck on. Even had a GP scrap / salvage title.
Wait...so it was actually a Grand Prix??? What the heck??? So is it a one piece front like the Camaro?
It looks like its all metal.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:46 PM

Wait...so it was actually a Grand Prix??? What the heck??? So is it a one piece front like the Camaro?
It looks like its all metal.
Yep, its titled as a 97 GP. It was made before the production 6th gen Montes were even built (IIRC it was completed in 98). Looking up close, you can see a lot of GP parts with the big giveaways being most of the interior, the glass, and the GP headlights (the piece you see that looks like a 6th gen MC headlight is just a mesh cover that sits in front of the GP headlight.

Not sure what that front end is made out of, but my guess for a one off like that is fiberglass. Certainly could be metal, that just would've been a lot more expensive.

Sure wish they had some pictures that went with it of the process, I didn't see anything by or in the car when it went through the auction though.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member

Yep, its titled as a 97 GP. It was made before the production 6th gen Montes were even built (IIRC it was completed in 98). Looking up close, you can see a lot of GP parts with the big giveaways being most of the interior, the glass, and the GP headlights (the piece you see that looks like a 6th gen MC headlight is just a mesh cover that sits in front of the GP headlight.

Not sure what that front end is made out of, but my guess for a one off like that is fiberglass. Certainly could be metal, that just would've been a lot more expensive.

Sure wish they had some pictures that went with it of the process, I didn't see anything by or in the car when it went through the auction though.
Yeah that's mindblowing. The MC is such a good looking car despite it's "googly" headlight design and I think a widebody MC would be very popular....I think it could look as good as the new Lincoln MKZ.