General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

put the monte against 2 friends... and won

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 12:02 AM

that statement is too true. "its a V8, of course its faster" NOT ALWAYS! lol

i didnt realise i was buying a fast car when i bought it. i thought i was getting a big slow boat. lol

sometimes its good to be wrong.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 AM

Way to show that Ford owner! LOL Back in 1988 I rolled my '77 off against a Corvette after closing the bar one night. His mistake was allowing a 30mph rolling start. My high performance 350 and 2:56 gears left him in the dust. He blew it up trying to catch me. Ah, the good old days.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:12 AM

hay whats up with bashing ford owners i have a mustang gt i never thaught it was fast stock. thanks for bashing people here that has both a monte and a stang i always liked having best of both worlds. i am not bashing any one here but please if some thing is wrong with anouther make dont bash at least i out ran the new charger with my stang but i know i wouldent out run the original charger and challenger. i always liked the gentelmens war on hp gm and ford has with each other

Old 10-19-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
hay whats up with bashing ford owners i have a mustang gt i never thaught it was fast stock. thanks for bashing people here that has both a monte and a stang i always liked having best of both worlds. i am not bashing any one here but please if some thing is wrong with anouther make dont bash at least i out ran the new charger with my stang but i know i wouldent out run the original charger and challenger. i always liked the gentelmens war on hp gm and ford has with each other
I don't think anyone meant anything personal by it just a friendly rivalry

Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
We don't mean anything seriously with our remarks.

On that note, want to race my v6's? You can choose the car

Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 PM

its not so much fords or ford owners in general. its those hardcore fanatics that think their cars are the fastest thing on the road and cant accept when they lose, and say things like "i let you win"

it can go for any make, model and engine size. in this case it was a v8 ford mustang.

nothing personal

Old 10-19-2011, 02:33 PM

I wouldn't even call this bashing. I've seen MUCH MUCH worse on other automotive forums, but that is just one man's opinion. I even own a Ford.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I respect one mustang from the 90s/early 2000s, the terminator. Anything else? No.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:54 PM

i would see how my monte fairs agenst yours chibi on the track but i wouldent because it is our pride of our dd. but i would love to see how bumpins runs all out on a track just to see how well it runs i am just a big car fan. always been a chevy and ford fan thats all i just hate how our monte's kinda feel flimsy on certan things like the actuators and the controlls and some of the other peaces. dont worry evey on just bash the duch that drives the car it is not the maker its like saying all comaro and corvett owners are ****** its pretty much the same. besides chibi if your in the fl area on vaca i just want to see how your monte looks picks of it looks good but you know as well as i do seeing some cars in picks are different then seeing them in person

Old 10-19-2011, 06:26 PM

Chibi are the 305 V8s in the 92 Camaros the Same as the 305 TPI V8s in the Iroc models? Maybe mine was a project or somehting before I got it that wasnt all original but I had a 305 Tuned Port Injection V8 in my 1986 Iroc Z Camaro and I could have sworn it was onyl rated at 180 hp stock, mine had a little more from mods and still threw ya back in the seat but it wasnt over 230 I'd say modded. Just a question I thought I'd ask cuz if the 92s had higher stock hp I feel I got screwed lol

Quick Reply: put the monte against 2 friends... and won