General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Pull strap inside the trunk

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:51 PM

yea I have the strap as well its just held in by a single screw so I could see it being stripped off very easily. I really dont see a point to it though unless maybe your very very short. Or possibly for avoiding touching your trunk to the oil on your skin doesnt rub off lol idk I consider it pointless

Old 03-20-2009, 10:55 PM

I have a strap in mine. When the trunk is open it will be on the LEFT side. As for key fob I have two and it's a 2005.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by red03ssmonte
yea I have the strap as well its just held in by a single screw so I could see it being stripped off very easily. I really dont see a point to it though unless maybe your very very short. Or possibly for avoiding touching your trunk to the oil on your skin doesnt rub off lol idk I consider it pointless
'04 Intimidator came without the strap but my '02 had it... i loved it since i lived on a gravel road and wherever someone touches body paint, gravel dust collects twice as fast!
not really a problem now, though, since i just put my hand on the inside of the rear part of the trunk to pull it down and then close it (gently) with the key in the lock.

also, my '04 came with two keys and two fobs, my '02 with just one!

RickAKATed, the guide for programming FOBs through the radio should be in your user manual if you can. i know that it is not possible with the '06 Grand Prix as i tried to help a friend of mine do it. wouldn't surprise me as it is just another way the stealership can get you in the door! generally, if possible, "FOBPROG" or something to that effect comes up while scrolling through the radio menu (accessed by holding down the button inside the tuning **** for 3-5 seconds until the little beep chimes).

Old 03-21-2009, 02:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Amy I'm guessing that your '05 S/C also doesn't have the strut tower brace under the hood either. Mine didn't. That's why I put the ZZP braces in. Not even holes for a factory brace.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:55 PM

I always use the strap to close the trunk lid. I think it helps the spoiler from getting messed up. I suppose I could live without out it if it wasn't there. and it looks so cool just hanging there ha ha.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:57 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
Amy I'm guessing that your '05 S/C also doesn't have the strut tower brace under the hood either. Mine didn't. That's why I put the ZZP braces in. Not even holes for a factory brace.
I don't think our Montes came with a strut tower brace? My 03 doesn't have one either.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Ya I kinda like the strap. It is easier to grab onto than the inside of the trunk lid. I would never use the spoiler to close the trunk because I am short so I can barely reach it when the trunk is opened LOL!!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
I don't think our Montes came with a strut tower brace? My 03 doesn't have one either.
My '01 did! It was an SS LE. Here is a pic of it:

Old 03-22-2009, 05:28 PM

I just noticed that my Intimidator doesn't have the trunk strap either. My '01 LS did. I hadn't noticed that until you brought it up. (Thanks alot....lol)

That must be one of those things that chevy cut in order to keep down costs.

Same thing with the strut tower brace.

If you go back from '05-'00, you can even see what standard features from early years became options on the later years. You can also see the little comforts that they cut out (i.e. strut tower brace, trunk strap), but to do that you'd have to actually have cars from differnt years to compare.

I'd be willing to bet that any junk yard that has an '00-'03 Monte would gladly sell you a trunk strap for just a few bucks, which would be a simple add-on since the mounting slots/holes are already there (your dealership should be able to order you that part too...just make sure you order it for an '00-'03). Don't know if I'd go through the trouble though. I'm just gonna have to deal with the greasy paw prints on my trunk lid for the time being.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:25 PM

my 02 LS has a srtut tower brace. maybe gm thought they were better engineered after a certain year and left the brace off.

Quick Reply: Pull strap inside the trunk