General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Post your Review of your Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up Post your Review of your Monte Carlo

Hi Member's,
Please post your review of your Monte Carlo.

What do you like the best ?

What don't you like ?

Post your pro's & con's

Why did you buy/get your Monte Carlo ?
..We are looking forward to reading your ReView

Last edited by Space; 07-12-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:51 AM

Example from Edmunds on a
2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PhotosVideos360
Consumer reviews:
Fuel economy: 19 city/29 hwy mpg
Get Your Expected Price
True Cost to OwnŽ: $33,742
(5 Year Estimate) View Details

What Edmunds Says
The 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo offers a roomy cabin, surprising fuel efficiency (with the V6) and a decent ride and handling balance for a sticker price thousands less than more refined but less accommodating rivals.
Pros

Roomy cabin, relatively low sticker price, an engine for everyone.
Cons

Vague steering detracts from handling, stark cabin design.
Read full review

Old 07-12-2011, 01:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I'll go first. I have the 2004 supercharged SS model. It has no performance mods but still has good power. The handling feels pretty solid too. I also like the lines of the car and the roomy interior. One thing I don't like is that the black leather interior gets very hot in the summer but I can live with that. I also wish GM would have made the rear windows roll down but I don't think any car makers do that anymore on two door cars.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:54 PM

i have a '96 z34 with just an intake and exhaust. pretty decent power. great handling. just wish gm would have offered it with a 5 speed. >_< X10 on the leather seats. its especially bad when its 105 degrees outside D: and the steering wheel blocks the gauges lol. other than that i think the interior is pretty nice.

Old 07-12-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks Lou & Kane for your reviews and getting things started for Member's. I really enjoy reading what member's have to say about their Monte's.

I hope that your posts encourage other Monte Carlo Member's to post theirReview
or
Their Monte Carlo Story...
We shall all check back to see what You posted about your Monte Carlo
Yes `YOU !!!
It's your MCF Duty Yes it is ~>
Thank You in advance 4 your Review

Yes `YOU

Attached Thumbnails Post your Review of your Monte Carlo-usa.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 07-12-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM

I like my Monte because it has a sporty appearance but still is roomy and comfortable to drive and for riding in.

My interior is a tan/black mix so it doesn't have that "utilitarian" look that the all blacks have (it's just hard to find tan leather seats to put in it )

I think it's a solid car - my 3400 is more than fast enough for me (I'd have a million tickets if I had something putting down 500 horses) and I'm really glad that GM made the Monte Carlo it's own style again in 2000 because I don't really care for the 5th gen where it's just a 2 door Lumina. The 6th gen body is distinct and eye catching, I think.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I love my Monte - that's why I bought 2!!!! No problems to speak of and I love the gauge cluster in both cars. The seats are more comfortable compared to the 06-07s. The 03 is more of a cruiser car with softer suspension. The 05 with it being supercharged is a blast to drive and gets great gas mileage too!

Old 07-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Default my review

Hey everyone....I'm back.
Thanks for all your prayers and support. My Mom is at peace now.

I love my MC. Not too many complaints.
I like the power that it has with the supercharger and it rides pretty smooth.
The seats are very comfortable except for right now. Black leather in the summer........HOT ! This is why I only drive it on weekends when it's not too hot. There is a blind spot on the drivers side so I have to really use my mirrors. I wish the 6th gen SS models had a better looking steering wheel but I'll take this one. I like the large trunk area and the fold down rear seats....NASCAR style rear spoiler.....heated seats ( winter time )...dual air/climate control....etc....etc...etc......

Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 PM

I like my monte because I like it's lines and distinct look. My favorite part is the spoiler (SLP, I think.. I've been told, but I forget.. I was also told it's hard to find and I've looked as people post pics and I haven't seen one yet). This is also my first 'project' car so its definitely a love/frustration relationship. I also love the potential it has and that I can learn to get it there (I see all the gorgeous montes here and I want to achieve that some day)

My dislikes are: it has quite a bit of rust from winter climates.
As I continue to learn and discover, I really get the impression that the previous owners upgraded/repaired stuff with little regard for quality/professionalism. These things seem to make my ultimate goal harder/longer to reach and question whether its worth it or not.

Last edited by nichols2k; 07-12-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: poor grammar :)
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM

I absolutely love my '00 SS Monte Carlo. I have had it since it was born and maintain it religiously. My goal is 300,000 miles, I'm almost half way there! It is comfortable to drive on long trips, comfortable around town. Still flashy. When I first got it, I had a few people take double-looks and shout "What is that?" I've found a very honest, excellent mechanic, thankfully. I would never go to a dealer for service. I had to buy a wheel to have a set of snowtires, mounted and ready to go for winter. Got it at a salvage yard who had a complete '00 SS Monte in his yard. IF I ONLY HAD A GARAGE!
The only problem I had with this car is the blinkers ceasing operation. First time, I eent to the Dealer - $200 - he replace the whole harness! Second time it happened, I went to my currect mechanic who replaced a switch! I think my rims in front may be wearing, but the last trip to have oil changed, the mechanic did something to remedy the problem. Best car I've ever owned.

Quick Reply: Post your Review of your Monte Carlo