General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Possibly getting a new driver's seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Possibly getting a new driver's seat

I have had this crazy idea for a couple of months now of getting a new driver's seat for 95 MC. Right now the poor thing is almost sucken in. I have to constantly sit up when I'm driving. And not as comfortable as it used to be. Again this is just an idea. But I was curious to find out how would I go about doing this. Go to my local chevy dealer or local car apolstry and see how much they will charge to install one.

Heck I might as well do this since I'm planning to keep the car possibly for another 5 years.

Old 08-27-2005, 08:15 PM
Default RE: Possibly getting a new driver's seat

hell amn do it your self for cheaper LOL
Go tot he local bone yard and get a set that you like and that match your car color. unbolt the 4 bolts out of the botom of the floor mounting points disconnect and wireing goign to the seat and yank it out the other will install in rev. Unless you go nuts and pull them out of somethign liek aVett. then it will ahve to have a diffrent seat mount and most likely you can take the ones off of your seats you hav enow and mont them directly to your new ones and bolt them back in .

they are not to tuff.

If you want to redo the seats you have now i would take them in to a apolstry shop and have them do them they would cheaper then a dealer that if they recoverd them would do the same thign if not they would replace them and charge you 3 times the price for doing the same thing.

If you go to a bone yard you could find them cheap just look for a car that you like the seats in one with all the glass still in it is the best and the doors are shut if luck so they dotn have any water damage on them If they are just dirty you can use dawn dish soap on them in a buckt with lots of hot water and lots of soap . use a carpet brush and scrub jus tthe suds in to them and verry littel water.

Use a wet/dry vac and vac them off to get rid of the exsess water. This is all a detail shop would do for your seats and carpet to get most stains out of them

If a stain is there and it is tuffer to get out use some spray and wash in the mix also and pretreat them then go at it with the above and your done. Set them in direct sun light and let dry for a while as long as you dont drowned them it wont take to long to get them done.and dry

Old 09-10-2005, 01:40 AM

Hey Mickey!! Sorry I took so long replying! But thanks on the tips! Again my apologies!

Old 09-11-2005, 10:28 AM

sniff thats snif sniff ok !
LOL
so how did it work out for you?

Old 09-24-2005, 10:23 PM

Not yet. Still in the planning stages.