General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

POOR 05 MONTE SS :( Bad weekend

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
I like to be annoying so I push mine a lot more! lol
x2!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 PM

Mine was broken into on 11/08. factory alarm went off but they went right under the hood and cut the battery cables. If you notice the pos and neg are zip tied together so when they cut it they fried all the electronics under the hood. Then they ripped the dash apart just to get a $700 NAV system. Total repair bill was $10K. Dash, stereo, bodywork, tint, engine electronics, ect...

All 50 feet from my bedroom/gun in a very posh neighborhood. Now the car has a full Clifford alarm with a separate battery siren. Let them try it again...

Old 04-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by SSmokybear
Mine was broken into on 11/08. factory alarm went off but they went right under the hood and cut the battery cables. If you notice the pos and neg are zip tied together so when they cut it they fried all the electronics under the hood. Then they ripped the dash apart just to get a $700 NAV system. Total repair bill was $10K. Dash, stereo, bodywork, tint, engine electronics, ect...

All 50 feet from my bedroom/gun in a very posh neighborhood. Now the car has a full Clifford alarm with a separate battery siren. Let them try it again...
Kill 'em. It's the fate they deserve.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:53 PM

That sucks, definitely set up surveillance.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:33 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When I had my Mini Cooper S, if I held the fob button down too long, my windows rolled down.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM

Well I have not heard from insurance yet. BUT ILL BE RAISING SOME HELL!!! if you guys remeber last time this happend last year.. tow truck company did more dmg to my car then thefts ( tow truck ****ed Front extention,side skirt, and drivers fender..)

After tow truck came yesterd I NOTICED he draged MY MONTE ATLEAST 4 FEET!!! Man that MUST BE HARD ON THE TRANNY!!!! Gonna have to talk to insurance about that. AND I HOPE THIER ISNT ANY DMG FROM TOW TRUCK. if thier is dmg from them then im sure the monte will be a total loss WILL keep you guys posted..

And what gets me! is if they attempt theft and hit the ignition then the deductable is waved and its FREE... BUT YOU SEE HERE.... ON the first day they came they only broke into car and sh*t. and the 2nd day then atctully hit the IGNITION.. But my insurance company told me Well since it was 2 differnt days I have to make 2 CLAIMS... Soo day 1 i have to pay my deductable (200) and day 2 Its waved because they hit the IGNITION.. TOO ME THAts bull **** becase ovisly they came back to finish the JOB!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

sounds like you should invest in a firearm or a very big scary dog to chain to the car. that'll keep EVERYONE away.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM

deffinatly sounds like an inside job, or a stupid criminal. usually they dont strike the same spot twice, expecially the next day. they were very cocky and lucky they didnt get shot.

are your guys sure montes came with a factory alarm. i never looked it up in the manual. the only way to really tell is roll down the window and hit the remote twice, then try to open your door.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Never had my car broken into, but I can really relate with how personally violated you must feel, and the sadness you must feel and deal with when your car is damaged. My wreck taught me that, how important my car really was to me. So this story definitely hit home for me.

I've never once thought about the possibility of someone breaking into my car, but I never thought I would get in a wreck either. This thread has been an eye opener for me, letting me know that with my new Monte I will have to take very good care of her to avoid both wrecks and theives.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That sucks man! I hate hearing about people's cars getting broken into or stolen. Reminds me of my own experience with attempted theft.

A couple guys tried to steal my 1991 Cavalier Z24 back when I owned it in the late 90's. They punched a hole under the exterior door lock like RJ mentioned. But didn't make a small hole. They opened the sheet metal up like a can opener around the door lock. Then busted the steering column wide open and tried to hot wire the car.

A neighbor noticed them and they ran without getting anything luckily. The cops said these guys were obviously not pros. He said they did everything the hard way. Which is why they failed. I got pics of the damage. But they were taken with a film camera and would have to scan them.

Hopefully the insurance takes care of everything for you quickly.

Quick Reply: POOR 05 MONTE SS :( Bad weekend