General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

please help me guys

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Default please help me guys

Ihave a 2004 monte LS, my mods are as listed :

180* thermostat
twin headed cold air intake
MAF screen delete
u bend delete
tuned pcm ( by tuned i mean bought aftermarket and then installed, not tuned to the crank or the actual car, but has more horsepower and torque and other adjustments)
straightpipe exhaust
spark plug wires (magnecor)
TPS sensor enhancer.....

so please tell me WHY i lost to a stock piece of s*** 97 intrepid, then a civic?! i had a technician look at my car......EVERYTHING IS FINE......but one thing he mentioned is that i dont have the car tuned.... althought the pcm is tuned itself, it is not tuned to the car, he said that with any mod you do you have to tune the car with that mod to get its full power, otherwise your only getting half because the car is not tuned to work with that mod...... losing to these stock cars with all these mods i have is ridiculous, i work at a dealer so a friend really got into my ride and said everything was fine, that it really does have to be tuned so everything can work together and properly..... if this is true, does DHP make programming software for my 04 LS? where can i get it? im very worried cuz he said i shouldnt be drivng the car cuz since evrything is so off its slowly destroying itself, i need some thing to tune it, where can i get it? please help guys, thanks......

Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Default RE: please help me guys

i am not sure about what you mean by your PCM. was it programmed for a different car or what?
I am thinking that might be a problem but i am no mechanic so i dont know for sure

And was the civic a SI and was the intrepid a R/T?

Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah, you definitely have to tune the whole thing. That'll improve the performance, your gas mileage, and make the engine run smoother.

As for losing to the civic... that sucks man. This may be stating the obvious, but a smaller car doesn't need as much HP to go fast. And if his car is all dialed in properly and yours isn't, that'll give him an advantage. Plus most "ricers" are using nitrous.

Let these losses be your motivation, then get out there and kick some a$$. Legally and safely of course.[sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 PM

i was doing research and it mentioned something about when you install a new pcm to get a what they call "CASE LEARN" or crank positioning, and thats somethin i didnt do....you think thats my problem? if i do have to tune the whole car, what should i use and where can i get it, or should i try the crank positioning first? ugh the frustration..........[:@]

Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 PM

Hmm CASE relearns can be done but I dont think thats the issue here.. Sure a tune will help, but I have a hunch that the TPS mod is whats hurting the car.

Old 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM

try another MAF, mine was killin my hp. modded a stock one i bought off ebay, ran way better. then i figured out it wasnt modding the body of the maf, it was the different electronic section of it that made the difference. screwed up thing is that another 3400 monte i tried it out on was as bad as mine. so hes gunnu try buyin another used maf too.

and the tps thing, probly isnt doing much, but you probly race with the throttle wide open, so even if it works right, it wont make you any faster. might try running it with and without to see if theres any difference.

straight pipe exhaust might be helping more on top end, but you might be faster overall with some mufflers, think i've heard the magnaflow catback gets ya the best performance

Old 09-07-2007, 09:26 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Any of the car shows when they do mods to an engine they suggest re-programming the car so you can get full potential of the mods you did. They even re-program when they do an exhaust kit.

Are the shows 100% correct in telling you to re-program any time you do mods? Maybe?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:41 AM

WoW `Batman,
I think Robin's been mess'in with your Monte
Since you arefrom Chicago, I would give the below
company a call, & see `if they can help you.
Keep the forum updated.
[:-]
CPT was founded by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. With years of experience, the staff of Chicago Performance & Tuning will take care of all of your automotive repair and tuning needs. We have an extensive facility with the latest technologies to meet our customers needs. Whether you want to throw your car on our dyno, get an alignment, or have us build you a race car, we have the experience, expertise, and facilities to make it happen.
Our reputation has been built on the foundation of quality work, and the highest level of customer service. We would love to earn your business so that you too can be a happy CPT customer.
Al Uscinski
Owner & Proprietor
Chicago Performance & Tuning
Good Luck `Batman,
`Space

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM

well thanks guys, no space unfortunatly that company only does german cars, i dont know why they would waste theyre time, ive been calling everywhere and no one seems to not wanna dyno tune my monte, i was thinking buying the software and just taking it to be tuned, but i keep gettin shot down, any ideas what software i need?

Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM

ok well this is what i got.....
apparently me buying the already re-programmed pcm and then installing it into my caris practically a car tune,right? since you would tune the pcm, which has been done for me, so i would have to get a case learn so it can be insync with the car.....correct? or do i need software so it can be dyno tuned?

sorry bout the complications guys.....

Quick Reply: please help me guys