General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Please help me on deciding which one

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Default Please help me on deciding which one

OK, I looking to purchase a monte carlo SS,I found two but they have a few problems thats why they are cheap, one for $3,850.00 and $4,999.00 but i tried talking him down Here are the problems:

2000 Monte Carlo SS black in color $3,850172,000 miles,no leather,no sunroof,tail light cover is broken,a few small dents in the hood,front and rear bumpers have several cracks in them.And front bumper has a hole up under the knight emblem.I havent test drove it

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...amp;cardist=56

2000 Monte Carlo SS black in color $4,999187,000 miles,leather,sunroof,scuff on front bumper,and small dent behind the passenger door where it says monte carlo ss.the motor and trans were in great condition,everything sounded and shifted perfect,but the windshield wipers worked but the passenger wiper went up about 2 inchs but the drivers wiped all the way,the sunroof wouldnt open when you pressed the open or close it made clicking sounds, but wouldnt move,it needed a passenger mirror,no power to fog lamps or power to outside mirrors and it said service the traction system..I know its alot lol...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...amp;cardist=23

Please let me know som

Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Default RE: Need help on deciding

[align=center]Hi Lebron, & Welcome to the MCF[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It difficult to give a total estimate on the cost, without[/align][align=center]a lot of homework.[/align][align=center]You can check on price repairs on sites like partstrain.com,[/align][align=center]or check out MSNauto.com.[/align][align=center](They have a reliability section with cost breakdown)[/align][align=center]Be patience, and wait for our expert/tech member's to read[/align][align=center]your post, and hopefully they can give you a ball park cost estimate on the Monte's you are looking at.[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]you could just flip a coin [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Heads = 2000 Monte with 172K[/align][align=center]Tails = 2000 Monte with 187K[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Let us know what you decide, `ok.[/align][align=center]Wish you good luck, & please be patience & give our[/align][align=center]member's a chance to help/post.[/align][align=center]`Space
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/77CBF50293F047E0B34FF79F0CABC2D0.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Default RE: Need help on deciding

ORIGINAL: 6GenMonte

the windshield wipers worked but the passenger wiper went up about 2 inchs but the drivers wiped all the way
sounds like a gear had been stripped out on the passenger side... it allows it to move a little but doesnt catch to move the wiper. It COULD be a burned out motor too.... both of which I dunno how to fix. Im sure someone here can help you.

the sunroof wouldnt open when you pressed the open or close it made clicking sounds, but wouldnt move
again it sounds like a gear has been stripped. There is a topic that has been posted even recently on this... take a look to help you see what your getting in. https://montecarloforum.com/m_87006/tm.htm

it needed a passenger mirror,no power to fog lamps or power to outside mirrors and it said service the traction system..
It sounds like a it has some broken sensors for the TCS, and again, a burned out motor. it does confuse me how BOTH are burned out though... if you could. I HIGHLY recommend asking to tst drive again and just bring it to a mechanic to take a few quick looks at. They could tell you what exactly you should be paying for parts and labor to get it back to working condition!