General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Play or Pay. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
I would turn off that traction control when you drive around and only have it on when you KNOW for sure you will want it on.

The car pulls timing like crazy, it's not just the wheel spin that the traction control works, you could be setting it into dangerous KR.
Good to know, I'll have to do that from now on. The annoying light is better then a chipped piston, lol.

I've driven 160 mph in a friends Porsche Boxer when I was 18 (im 24 now). He asked if I wanted to drive and he came along. He said to have fun with it (I think he was a little drunk) I accelerated hard on the highway, not paying attention to the speedo. The top was down, music blasting. When I finally looked down I was going 160 in 4th gear (out of 6), but it felt like I was only doing 80. I slowed down quickly cause I didn't want to get arrested. It was a rush but not something I want to do again other then on a track.

I found out one thing, a Porsche is not built for a 6 foot guy with size 14 feet. Every time I pressed the clutch, I tapped the brake

Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM

Haha, sounds dangerous.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM

at least 125 i believe was the fastest so far. ive gotten a 97 in a 65 but that was in a beamer. im always gettin tickets in this damn car. never gotten so many tickets in less than 2 years of owning this car!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
135, twice. It has more.

SOOO, what's your model. year. and is it stock???????????????????

What the F?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by jimbo7
100, because i was catching up to a gtx we were following.

i've gotten more tickets in this car than in my whole life (1 prior). they've been stupid though like no front plate, illegal tint, no seat belt.

LOL, that sucks. . . In NC you're not required to have a front plate, THANKGOD. . . I wouldn't put one on my babie if it was required. . . Tint, yeah i'm still workin on that. but seatbelts. . . I always wear my seatbelt, my command would have a conniption if i got caught without.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by labnjab
2004 SS Supercharged, wizaird CAI, 180* t-stat, 3 inch zzp downpipe, zzp 1.0 pcm
I love driving this car and its hard not to drive it fast. Its fun and quick

No tickets yet ever (knock on wood). Was stopped shortly after buying it for a plate light out. I bet I'll get my first one shortly after I get the front plog, rockers and smaller pulley on

I haven't really opened it up yet. The governors removed so I know it will do 150+. I've had it to 100 a few times while passing people and while messing around on the highway. I just love dropping down to 55 just before passing and flooring it for the double downshift. The top end on this car is awesome and I'm usually doing 90+ before I get by them

I try not to accelerate too hard around town because I'm always worried about getting a ticket for squealing tires. If I accelerate too hard while going 15-20 MPH the tires will squeal for a second before traction control kicks in. Same thing while leaving a red light. I thought it was cause of the crappy hankook summer tires I had, but it does it with my brand new studded snows too.

Yeah mine has the same problem. . . It only squeels when I leave red lights and put the accelerator to the floor. . . Anyone have any tips on how to fix that squeel??? I've tried changin tires but I KNOW that's not the problem. . .

Old 11-02-2009, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by labnjab
Good to know, I'll have to do that from now on. The annoying light is better then a chipped piston, lol.

I've driven 160 mph in a friends Porsche Boxer when I was 18 (im 24 now). He asked if I wanted to drive and he came along. He said to have fun with it (I think he was a little drunk) I accelerated hard on the highway, not paying attention to the speedo. The top was down, music blasting. When I finally looked down I was going 160 in 4th gear (out of 6), but it felt like I was only doing 80. I slowed down quickly cause I didn't want to get arrested. It was a rush but not something I want to do again other then on a track.

I found out one thing, a Porsche is not built for a 6 foot guy with size 14 feet. Every time I pressed the clutch, I tapped the brake

LOL, If I got clocked at over 100 I would just keep goin, there's hardly any way they could catch up unless back up is right up the road. . .

Old 11-02-2009, 10:39 PM

NOTE::::::::::::::: My brother was driving and we did get pulled over (i was intoxicated) for a burned out plate light but no citation was written.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by Taz
I've only had mine up to 90 MPH (about 140 kph). But that's because I'm afraid of our super strict anti-racing laws here.

If you get caught going 50 kph (30 MPH) over the speed limit, you get charged with street racing. Jail time, mandatory court appearance, huge monetary fine, and they impound your car for 7 days. Not to mention your insurance goes sky high.

Some repeat offenders have had their car taken by the court and destroyed. T.V. news loved covering that one. Cops lined up all the impounded cars and crushed them on live t.v.

So I'm not looking to find out how fast my car can go. Unless I get it on a track sometime. Then it's on!

yeah omg i just found out that florida is the same way! my buddy who has a 99 camaro with 400+hp got busted for racing (even though he wasn't) and got his car taken away for a couple days and he has a court day coming up. that totally bites but its good to know. ha no illegal street racing for me in florida, that's only for missouri =D oh and i forgot to mention on here my lil race with two guys i knew who owned a crazy modified cavalier and a truck. i won but we were only going up to 100mph and then a had to get off the highway or i would have gone farther. oh and i had my two best friends in the car with me lol oh fun times!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by USMC8825
SOOO, what's your model. year. and is it stock???????????????????

What the F?
Wayne (RocknSS04) has a 2004 Intimidator edition Supercharged SS. Can't remember his mods at the moment.

Quick Reply: Play or Pay. . .