General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

pinstriping

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Default pinstriping

So I've decided on having my 06 LTZ pinstriped. What I'm looking for is suggestions on colors. It is white with grey interior. Let me know what you think!

Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: pinstriping

silver/gray pinstriping?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:29 AM

Make the stripe 2 colors... Pick your favorite color and go with the interior coloras the second one.I like red and gray or orange and gray. I like 2 different sizes... 1/16'(gray) with a 1/16' space then another 1/16'(red/org) orthis size... 1/16' (gray) 1/8' space then 1/8'(red/org)These are pretty standard in the striping world but they look great. anything larger belongs on a truck imo.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:09 AM

[align=center]Hi `James -Cain45-[/align][align=center]Grey/Blue[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]___________________[/align][align=center]_______________________[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Customizing Your Car: Pinstriping Basics[/align][align=center][/align]
Pinstripes are commonly painted in two colors: one that sets off the body color, and another, thin line, in a color contrasted with the stripe to make it stand out.
Mechanical pin striping is the best way to stripe larger vehicles- trucks, vans, or station wagons. The benefit is it lays down stripes of constant width, letting you focus attention on getting the stripe oriented properly along your working surface. You can set up your stripe lines using magnetic pinstriping strips with center grooves designed to be paint templates. They hold fast to steel surfaces, and can also work as guide for your hand.
Striping with stencil tape is also popular. There are several types of stencil tape that are suitable for auto pinstriping applications. Stencil tape striping uses brushes, and a specialized pinstriping brush is an essential ingredient in a successful project. Stencil tape allows you to apply different color stripes without needing the other stripes to dry.
Freehand pinstriping is the most difficult method, requiring the most practice to master, but permits unrestricted creativity. The simplest plan for a freehand striping newbie is to lay a strip of masking tape down approximately a quarter inch from where you want the finished line to be, and then use this tape as visual guiding for your stripes. Whatever you do, don’t use regular masking tape, or your pinstriping paint will bleed under the edge. Get some auto body masking tape from an auto supply store.
No matter what method you use, pinstriping is one of the finest ways to make your vehicle distinctive. Just like anything else worth doing right, practice makes priceless results but having the best equipment you can get your hands on helps too.
[align=center]

Carlo Morelli writes for Caroom.us Check out Caroom for more on car pinstriping.

[/align]

[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click on link below[/align][align=center]http://www.stripeman.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Chevrolet[/align]

Old 09-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Very nice website Space....where do you find this stuff?

Old 09-02-2007, 09:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't know how original or "one of a kind" you want to get, but here's a couple pics of a black on white combo that already exists. I forget who's car it is, but it's someone on this site. Apologies to the owner.

Okay, so that may not be the striping you were thinking of. I'd go black with pinstripes on the sides.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/BD753E6965D94B1CA2DB756180055E50.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/587C84F65ECC411D91C0EA5402DF2E50.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-02-2007, 10:17 AM

Well one thing I'd NEVER do is put a Transformer decal on my Monte! But the racing stripes look very nice!!

Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: cain45

Very nice website Space....where do you find this stuff?
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hi `James, I just search, & search, & search, until I find : )[/align][align=center]- Somtimes I don't find, & then I cry [X(]~>-[/align][align=center]or my old slow `puter & creepy slow dial up connection takes 4-ever,[/align][align=center]and it's gets very frustrating : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I just posted all the search engines I use, and `if first I don't succeed,[/align][align=center]I try, & try again : )[/align][align=center](That's what my grandfather taught me to do : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I sure hope that it helps you. Please take pictures, and post when[/align][align=center]you decide, & have it done.[/align][align=center]I would love to have mine painted on, but that seems to becoming [/align][align=center]a lost `art.[/align][align=center]Good Luck `James,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below is the Search Engine Sites I use[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_49661/tm.htm[/align]

Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM

personally transformers pwns. if i can find one ill have a transformers decal under my hood or possibly inside. damn nice work everyone

Old 09-02-2007, 05:00 PM

Gee, isn't that a coincidence, just as someone comes on the forum with a Transformers decal, Cain bashes the idea of having it. Wow... took you a while just to randomly come up with that little snippet didn't it, Cain?

If we all B-icched about our dislikes instead of getting something done, noone would have anything done, and it'd be a pretty dull forum. I thought you're attitude was that yourcar wasn't worth putting any money into, it's just a ride, right? Something to get you from point a to point b?

Quick Reply: pinstriping