General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Pimp My Ride ... Please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Pimp My Ride ... Please!

I'm losing the big, white BowTie off the rear window. I bought that off eBay when I got the Monte and got a Jones for being a Chevy-Guy. Nobody likes it and it just obscures the view out of the rear window.

Thanks for the kind words about the tops "Uniqueness". OK, it stays!

I do need tires and whatever I get have to go with them wheels. The wheels are staying; too! I just need to know what to shop for in a tire that will be a performer, last for a couple years and look good; too.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:56 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000LS

i'm thinkin the top is fighting with the rest of the car

and the top being so rare, i think should win out... i think the rest of the car looks more aggressive though... i think it'd look good with all the emblems/ bowties off of it, and some newer 17's off a caddy.

i think having a spoiler, different hood, or stripes would be out of place on a car with that top
yea i agree the vinyl top [] well it's different, but well ... it's different no strips needed, or spoiler i think ...

Old 02-15-2008, 06:25 AM

[align=center]Hi Rick,[/align][align=center]You need to PM our MCF Master Graphic Artist `Craig[/align][align=center]and have him Pimp Out your ride.[/align][align=center]Below is my poor first attempt : ([/align][align=center]Old Program/Novice[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]
Pretty Sad Attempt `Space

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/B27FBF1D60F54FB3958A76C37585D8EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

There's nothing I can do about the top. I stopped off at a Body Shop and asked if they thought it would be possible to remove it and they said: "Not without doing some serious damage to the paint job. You'd be looking at having to have the whole car painted."
So, the Top is staying on the Monte 'cause I don't have the bread to get the Monte re-painted ... just to have the Vinyl top go bye-bye.
But, if this Monte gives me a couple of years worth of fun driving and no big lay-outs for repairs ... I'll consider having her painted and spoiler-ed in the future!

I'm just going to work at keeping it clean and detailed.
Running as good as I can keep it running. Which IS pretty darn good at the moment. I inched it up over three figures this afternoon chasing a Beemer on 495. Purring!
I'll wash it and oil it and treat it right and try not to beat on it. No burn-outs! And, ... maybe I'll get over 100,000 miles on it someday!
It's going to be fun trying.
Me and Mobil-1
I'd keep the vinal top. I haven't seen one in years and it looks good.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but I think it looks hot

Mustard and mayo tires with spoke rims, cat back exhaust

and my fav, added tint

Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member

The top can stay. But the car looks nekked without a spoiler. All Montes do. A race inspired spoiler would be too much on the car. So my vote (as before) would be a surf board spoiler so it won't take away from the roof.

Rick, I asked MTV to pimp your car for you.
A. They weren't quite sure what a Monte should look like?
B. No one at the shop MTV hired knew either?
C. They ran short of funding 1/2 way in to the project.
D. It was friday and the shop wanted to get the car done so they could go out drinking.

So......... Hope you like it? [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-15-2008, 12:13 PM

Tim, great photoshop pic's.
The tint/exhaust/rims are `Sweet.
I really like seeing how member's can photoshop pic's.
I can't wait to get a class in graphic design.
Did you teach yourself, or have a class?
Thanks for posting. We EnJoyed.
`Space

Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center][/align][align=center]Tim, great photoshop pic's.[/align][align=center]The tint/exhaust/rims are `Sweet.[/align][align=center]I really like seeing how member's can photoshop pic's.[/align][align=center]I can't wait to get a class in graphic design.[/align][align=center]Did you teach yourself, or have a class?[/align][align=center]Thanks for posting. We EnJoyed.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]
thanks, but all I used was MS Paint..... ha ha ha

Old 02-15-2008, 12:17 PM

[:-]
Turned Rick's Monte into a
Ford Pinto Cruz'in Wagon with a 4 Banger 0r V 6 : )[:-]
07 HHR's have a small panel truck : )
Will have 2 find one to outshine the pinto : )

Old 02-15-2008, 12:25 PM

I've seen a few of these around, I would much rather have one of these then the normal HHR's.

HHR Panel Truck

I had a go at the stripes and I can tell you this, I have no idea as to how the hood/trunk is curved on the 00-05's so my pen tool tried lying to me and it turned out terrible, I didn't even save the attempts, then again maybe it was just the angle I was working at. I'll try a different picture in a few minutes, but black doesn't fit all that well to my eyes so I'm going to try a few other colors as well.

Quick Reply: Pimp My Ride ... Please!