General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Passenger Door wont Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:50 AM
Default Passenger Door wont Unlock

I couldnt really decide where I should post this, so hopefully I will get some responses.

I went out to my car today, its -4 degrees F, so its cold but not the coldest a car has experienced, however my remote did not unlock my passenger side door as it usually does. I went around to the drivers side door, opened it, and hit the unlock button inside, still nothing. So I unlocked it manually from the inside, and tried to lock it, still nothing. It almost seems like it got unplugged or the acuator burned out, but then again I never really heard of that happning before. Could someone, anyone please give me their input on this. Thank you

Old 01-31-2010, 03:20 AM

I have the Python 991 and once it didn't want to unlock the pass door. I checked the connections at the door actuator and the brain to make sure all was well, and it turned out on the wires at the actuator had become disconnected. Check the wires at both door's actuator first with a multimeter to be sure they are getting current, then check the brain. Good luck finding the culprit.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:14 AM

Thanks. I have the Python 990 I beleive, I cant remember to be honest with you, so we will see. I know it isnt at the brain, because the buttons inside the car wont do anything either, so it has to be wiring or motor at the door. I just highly doubt it is strictly related to the brain. Your wires at the door actuator might be spot on, so I will go ahead and check that today. Thanks again Ill update later today.