General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Painted Black Tail Lights (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Default RE: Painted Black Tail Lights (PICS)

they were illegal as crap in va but the cops didnt care as long as the light shines through. now down here in myrtle beach SC the cops will bust you if you dont have both hands on the wheel but nothing about the tails yet. they shine through just about as good as if the vht wasnt there. and with the trunk lid also being black i guess they just dont care

Old 04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Nocturnx

Blue turn signals, now I like that idea...

Simple bulb swap in the front turn signals. Take out amber bulbs and put in blue.
I see that a lot on tuners.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 PM

I'm going to order some VHT Nite Shade some time this week. I'm pretty sure it's about the same thing as the $250 stuff, it just comes in a rattle can instead of being sprayed on professionally. The key to getting Nite Shade to look as good as the $250 tail light paint job is getting a good clear coat on there.

Right now I have a set of GT Styling tail light covers. They are pretty much clear plastic, with a little bit of tint, but they have a very fine black honeycomb mesh layer that makes them look smoked when you stand back and look at them. The reason I want to Nite Shade the tail lights is because the coverstend to fog up on humid summer days. But I have never had a cop say anything about the covers and they look pretty dark.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Of course money is alwaysa deciding factor. But I think the difference between the $250 job and the can of Nite Shade is like painting your car body with spray cans.

Yeah, it can be done. And if you're skilled enough, you can make a spraycan job look like a professional job. But most of the time, you can spot the difference between the professional job, and the spraycan job.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:52 AM

i bet if u put my vht'd tails against d00ds sprayed tails you couldnt notice a difference in any light at any time. except i paid 230 less for the look. if you prep and clean the lense properly and do NOT clear coat it because the clear makes it look faded it comes out looking just as if you took it to a pro

Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM

Do NOT clear coat it?? I read some instructions online and it says to clear coat them. Without clear coat it has more of a flat finish, doesn't it?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:44 PM

im courious to find out what the name of this stuff is.

Also did he say how it will hold up to the normal sunlight,scratching etc.. of daily abouse in driving in our world?

but they defently look nice but the VHT is simular but not as shinny on them.
if it had a glossy fininsh to them they would look closer.

can you ge tthe name of the product?

Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM

doing a serch for options here is what else i found. I will let ya knwo if i find anything else

http://lamin-x.com/store.php

go in to the auto part and you can find the ones for the the lights.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM

my buddy darren used a clear coat on his vht and it turned them dull looking, i used just the vht and mine shine when i clean them. but when dirty just like anything else they look dull but no dont clear em

Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: scc24540

that is a absolute ridiculous price when the vht cost about 20 bucks and gives you the exact same result.
Your insane if you compare that job to a typical nightshade job...

Quick Reply: Painted Black Tail Lights (PICS)