General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Pace Car down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs down Pace Car down!!!

Well yesterday I was blessed with becoming very acquainted with a 2002 GMC Yukon. This greeting occurred at a speed of which was not conducive to the well being of the rear of my poor Monte. I was sitting at a red light in what I would describe to be about the brightest red colored car you could ever be in, and was abruptly pushed into the intersection by an SUV being controlled by(or lack there of) a texting female driver. Pics of carnage belowIf you look closely you can actually see the same disgruntled face I had on the Taz emblem)

Attached Thumbnails Pace Car down!!!-rear-1.jpg   Pace Car down!!!-rear-2.jpg   Pace Car down!!!-rear-3.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 AM

That blows! But good to see the cop standing there. Hope they at least ticketed her!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

That sucks. The pics make it appear limited to the rear bumper. Is that the case or is there additional damage? I assume insurance will be addressing this matter?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That really sucks but it could have been a lot worse. It just shows that people should not be texting because she could have done a lot worse to you and your car.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That totally sucks...

Lets hope she had full coverage insurance to cover the damages....

Let alone worry about the body shop being able to match it up...

Especially red !!!! But any good body shop should be able to do the job correctly...

You do realize...
At least in Michigan... that you should be able to take her to small claims court .. (since its her fault) and charge her for a "Mini Torte" the Max amount in Michigan is $1500.00... in small claims court...

Yes it doesn't fix the actual incident...
But it will give you some satisfaction that she didn't just get away with hitting your Monte...

Sorry to hear this had to happen...
Let us know what develops ... and if you got it taken care of without hopefully a lot of hassle...

Its definitely a sweet looking Monte!
So its well worth getting it repaired..

Old 04-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member

yea i figure that if you rear end someone either ya brakes gone out or you simply was not paying attention hope her insurance takes care of all of the damages. on the bright side atleast you wansnt physicallu hurt

Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well that was a close call, lucky she did not push you further into the intersection and get you clobbered by a cement truck or something. Such a very nice Monte, tough to see it take a hit, least the power plant and tranny are okay. You could have been flourescent orange and still got plowed, stinking lack of paying attention, bone head driver!!

Old 04-18-2014, 10:22 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

That sucks - glad you are OK

Old 04-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Ya my neck is stiff as all get out. I got a pretty mean case of whiplash. But other than that I'm OK. My passenger didnt fair so well but he's alive. Thanks for the words guys.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by PacerSS
Ya my neck is stiff as all get out. I got a pretty mean case of whiplash. But other than that I'm OK. My passenger didnt fair so well but he's alive. Thanks for the words guys.
Wow, neck problems can be a lingering issue, definitely stay on top of it if possible. Probably clam up about anything till the whole situation is resolved.

That's 2 nice Monte's that have took a hit lately, your sweet bad azz Pace car and Tad's Gold Class Monte lost a wheel and sustained a fair amount of luckily like yours, repairable damage.

Take care, keep us posted as to when you get her back on line.

Quick Reply: Pace Car down!!!