General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Restoration: Ol YellaJAC's final (with fingers crossed) Hiatus!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ol YellaJAC's final (with fingers crossed) Hiatus!

Good Sunday morning MCF. I took Old YellaJAC out for a short run around the neighborhood yesterday. Just to stretch her legs. I still don't know when I will have the Trans fixed! But I figure while she is laid up, I will do some needed things to her to have her ready for her newly restored power. The front brakes have been rebuilt. And they are strong and firm. Back brakes are next. Question, since I have never taken them apart, is the emergency brake connected to the rear calipers or is there that tiny built in mini drum and shoes? I also need to replace the headlight housings. The connector inside are burned cause the previous owner had H.I.D.s without the full kit. I've been able to keep them working but they are a pain sometimes. I have to replace the Power Steering pump and the belt tensioner. Also the Hub Assembly on the drivers side. I was also thinking about replacing the Dog Bones and Trans mount. With almost 185,000 miles on her it's better to be safe than sorry! With all this done, and then having the Trans replaced, she will be the most solid car I've owned since my IRoc 350. I would like to say I can't wait. But if I put aside the fact that I have to depend on others to get to work for a while, I actually can wait! It's taken me 2 years to get her to this point. Time and patients (plus a few bloody knuckles) have gotten her this far. No need to rush now and mess something up. As I have said before, Ol YellaJAC may have given me a lot of grief in the last 2 years, but she has also given me a Great Deal of Pleasure. Once all is completed, that pleasure can only Increase. She may not be the newest car on the block, but she has all the things I want in a car and more. Therefore I will continue to treat her as good as she makes me feel!!!

Old 06-08-2014, 09:34 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

I'm sure all your hard work will eventually pay off for you. It just seems that with every car it takes some time for it to finally be a solid car. Glad to hear you are getting some other things done with your car too. Hope to see it done soon and the transmission fixed and ready to go for you.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Thanks Zach! Fortunately I understand the philosophy of "Stuff Happens" and "All Good Things Take Time". It will come. And I will have my Glorious YellaJAC back in her Prime!

Old 06-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Your journey with YelloJAC will definitely be worth it in the end. You have come a long way in a short time and the small hiatus will definitely make it a stronger car in the end.