General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Oil Gauge / Pump

Old 07-30-2018, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Oil Gauge / Pump

Need some more Help....... My '01 MC'SS ~ (130K Miles) . Low oil light has been on awhile. Even after New Oil change. Plenty of oil w/ Lucas. Today the wife was driving and she Happened to notice the Oil Gauge was at "0". (Yes I taught Her to LOOK at Gauges). I got home.... Checked OIL.... Good.... The gauge at Idle reads 1/4 Line at 2000 RPM Just under 3/4 Line. Holds steady at both.....? Any Ideas? Oil Pump? Sending / Pressure Unit? I did a search on here and found nothing...... So I guess..... ? Thanks for any Help.... Not sure I want to change a Oil Pump, Last I did was on a 327........ Thanks!

Old 07-31-2018, 08:03 AM

You may be in luck depending on how you wanna look at it.. It sounds like the gauge is bad.. Or the sensor.. When the gauge or sensor is bad and causing the needle to drop all the way down, the warning light (and ding) will turn on. Ive had this happen in my monte and my bonneville. Changing the gauge stepper motor in the monte fixed that problem. A hot needle thru the cluster lense (to hold the gauge needle in place) fixed that issue in the bonneville.. It got to the point where the chime wouldnt stop so theres that..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.