General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Oil & Filter for RickCo's Monte!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Oil & Filter for RickCo's Monte!!!

Thirty bucks! It cost me $33.00 plus aggravation to do the Oil and Filter in the Monte. Geeze! I'm glad that the Oil Life Monitor don't make you change it every 25-Hundred. Mobil-1.
Five guarts almost. Fram Filter. I tried to NOT make a mess of it. Next time I'm going to spend another 5-bucks and get a bag of Kitty Litter; anyway!

Warmed it up. Jacked it up. Safety stands. Special Drain Pan. Took-out the the Drain Plug and got every last drop of the old Mobil-1 into the Drain Pan without spilling any. None!
That's because there was a whole lot of Oil waiting for me when I spun that Filter loose. Damn! I was doing good; too. The filter Oil spilled on to the garage floor and found a cable to get on so that the spill would spread three feet rather quickly. Half a roll of Paper Towels and I was back in "Bidd-nezz."

The old Mobil-1 was looking a little too dark for my liking. I guess its going to be 30-Bucks every 5,000 Miles or so. I want the moving parts bathed in the good stuff and plan to keep the Monte Oiled-up good until she gets too tired to participate. Which, I think is going to be awhile. Because I stuck my Mini-Mag Lite in the Oil Fill Opening and had a peek around.
Nice and clean. Looking good in there. Nice having a well maintained Driveline.

After buttoning things up and sweeping-up the Kitty Litter that I did the Twist on ... I took the Monte to where she came from because the guy said he had to see me, the car and the Registration for the Radio Code. I had to do a little ... "Highway Time" ... to go get the four needed numbers.
It's always nice to have some Brandy New, Fresh and Clean Oil in there when you let-it-out a little bit.

Sure, the 3400 SFI Engine IS a little too small for all that weight and my lard-*** behind the wheel. But, I still managed to get a 105 out of it for a moment. And did a "Transmission Check" getting off the Highway and just getting right back on at the end of the ramp.
I have no idea what the Quarter Mile Time is for this Chush-ee, Leather, Power-everything with a Vinyl Top Chevy Monte Carlo is ... but, I can't wait to play "Run with the Exotics" across the Massachusetts Turnpike to bring my wife over to visit her family.

I got a feeling this 60-Degree V6 is going to be able to keep-up with the Joneses playing "Make-time" going over to New York!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Oil & Filter for RickCo's Monte!!!

i think your car runs a mid 16 in the quarter.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Ah, who cares.

Drive it like you stole it and enjoy every second of it.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member

That's what my plans are.
I have been getting-on-it pretty regularly.
It's a "Fun-Ship" for me.
(Even doing the maintenance and saving that dough!)