General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Oh boy

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Default RE: Oh boy

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

but my dad can promise you he got more tickets with a radar detector than he did without. it is nothing but a false sense of security in my opinion. ot those of you who got them, i hope you guys realize they still aren't a substitute for being paranoid, watchful, and cautious... just a suplement.
x2... a tool is worthless unless you know how to use it and YOU must do the work - a wrench left on the bench won't tighten a bolt, you must pick it up and turn it yourself!

the only way to rely on the unit you have is to get a jammer and you DON'T want to get caught with one of those! also, you can't rely onthem 100% of the time unless you maintain it (keep updating the frequencies and alignments)...

ORIGINAL: Taz

I'm wondering if some cops leave the radar gun on deliberately. So people with radar detectors will slow down more often.
That is the case here, in South Dakota, b/c the cops know ppl (the speeders mostly) have them so they either turn off their guns to catch the bandits or they leave 'em on to slow the buggers down...

sorry for the hijack...

Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Default RE: Oh boy

I have had my *** saved by my detector quite a few times.Not sure why some you folks think they are worthless. I do not push my luck and drive 100mph on every highway I am on. usually a few miles above the limit.
During the summer I travel frequently on a highway through NJ where the rookie State Troopers practice using Radar and Laser. Needles to say I dont push my luck there.My radar has not failedto warn me of their presense onthis highway yet, maybe the Troopers being rookies has something to with it LOL.They started using Vascar there this year aswell so this statement will change LOL.
It is just a tool that MIGHT save you a ticket.