Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun*sarcastic*

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 AM
Default Oh boy, this is gonna be fun*sarcastic*

I consider myself to be a decent detailer, I don't claim to know it all, or even to have experienced a wide range of products. But I know I am above average when it comes to ability to make a car look good. That being said, I think I have met my match. My white Monte Carlo. This thing is making me step up my detailing game big time! All the little nooks and cranny's that go unseen on other color cars stand out like a sore thumb on this one. But the good thing is that I take pride in making my car look good so staying on top of it isn't gonna be an issue, it's what I do! But for all you detailers out there, you can't claim to be good until you have maintained a fine looking white car, true story!

Old 05-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Oh boy, this is gonna be fun*sarcastic*

Dats why I will never have another white car again. I've had one that was hell to keep clean.

TVW

Old 05-25-2005, 12:48 PM

i must be strange i dont have that problem LOL

I keep mine clean and it looks clean the only thing i hate is aroudn the hinges on the doors i cant get my hands in there to get them as clean as i would like and of course this is a great thing for the judges to look for.
But hey i have kids and make them help DADDY! with his car LOL

They think it is great they do the wheels also.

But i have had to start training them young.

3&6 years

Old 05-26-2005, 04:35 AM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Dats why I will never have another white car again. I've had one that was hell to keep clean.

TVW
I think the key will be to stay on top of it, can't slack off cause it'll just make the job that much harder when you finally decide to do it. The swirl marks are buggin' the hell out of me though, I can't wait to go over the car w/my rotary and get all them damn things out. But before I can do mine, I gotta do my mom and dad's car and truck. I hope the weather cooperates this weekend so I can knock em both out, hell, I might even be able to do mine too since I have a 3 day weekend. All depends on the weather.

mickey- Yeah man, gotta train em young. My son, 9 yrs old, is learning. He likes helping me when I clean my car. I think it's cool that he wants to help me, and asks me what he can do to help. I know when I was young, my dad made me do it. I didn't want to make my boy do it, he can if he wants to, if he doesn't, no worries.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:14 AM

dont get me worng mine asked me to beabel to help wash my car they started out doing the wheels and tires and have moved up to the other things. but for the most part im still washing it on my own LOL

Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

dont get me worng mine asked me to beabel to help wash my car they started out doing the wheels and tires and have moved up to the other things. but for the most part im still washing it on my own LOL
I wasn't insenuating you made them, just so you know. I was just speaking on my experience as a son and father. I hated cleaning/waxing my dad's truck as a kid, cause he made me do it.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:48 AM

now you know why i dont have a garden LOL
I had to weed our 5 acre garden all of my life it is kinda nice to just say i dont care about the weeds anymore .

Still end up doing it but in a much small scale for the flower boxes we have and also trim the yard but tha tis a whole 209 min job to mow and trim it.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

now you know why i dont have a garden LOL
I had to weed our 5 acre garden all of my life it is kinda nice to just say i dont care about the weeds anymore .

Still end up doing it but in a much small scale for the flower boxes we have and also trim the yard but tha tis a whole 209 min job to mow and trim it.
damn, you live in a football stadium?

The weather is gonna be nice all weekend, looks like I'll be detailing my mom's 2k1 Intrepid, my dad's 97 F150 and last but not least, my 04 Monte Carlo! This is gonna be fun!

Old 05-27-2005, 04:17 PM

that was jsu tthe garden man we had at one time 300 acers
but most of it was corn or beans and some live stock and i didnt have to worry abotu that **** LOL
mom and dad were pretty much completly self reliant when it cam to the land and the hosue all we paid for was gas, and we sold power back to the utilies
was kind of neat getting a check from them for a change LOL

Old 05-27-2005, 11:37 PM

^^:chuckles:

I clayed my dad's truck today, it looks better already. I was suprised at how much of an improvement it was visually. I can't wait to see how good it looks after hitting it w/Mother's PowerPolish and Mother's SynWax

Quick Reply: Oh boy, this is gonna be fun*sarcastic*