General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

newest mod... monte carlo 9C3 z34.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default newest mod... monte carlo 9C3 z34.

As always, trying to improve the design and functionality of Eleanor, I decided to go into a junkyard and look for a new rear exhaust manifold. (My old one is warped) while I'm walking through there looking for a 98, 99 lumina/ monte carlo with a 3.8 (as the rear manifold of NO OTHER CAR will fit) I found two luminas sitting next to each other, one was an ltz and the other was a 9C3 police package... it had recaro seats... the lady asked if I would like them (what self respecting car enthusiast would say no) she bought them for me for christmas. Last night I prepped and dyed them, this morning I installed them... I still have two holes to fix, but doing what I do for a living that shouldn't be an issue.

Thought/ concerns

In lumina

One painted one not, sort of a before and after

Installed

The factory seats were leather, but getting worn a bit, might be willing to sell them before long (have to run that by the lady.)

She wants 4 point harnesses now

Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Nice Dustin. You gonna eventually change the rear seats to cloth? That would be weird to me having mismatched seats. But that's me. I'm slightly OCD in some areas.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:00 AM

Yeah, I'm looking toconvert some camaro back seats to fit, they bolt right in, just the seat back needs some work

Old 12-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Fix those holes up and sounds/looks good!

Big question.... How do you feel sitting in them??

Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 AM

Keep in mind there's a hump in the back of the F-bodies that means the bottom cushion doesn't go all the way across. It's split in two pieces.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's looking really good augi! How do you like the way the seats feel? I have a couple questions/suggestions.

1) Did you lose the driver's power seat with these Recaros or were you able to keep it?

2) What is that center console out of? I wouldn't mind having 2 cup holders Plus it looks good.

3) May I suggest some cloth rear bucket seats for your Monte? It's a direct bolt in, the only thing that you have to do is bolt down the rear center console. Here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/302408...nd-prix/page-2 I bought my leather rear bucket setup for $100 so I would imagine that cloth would be cheaper.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:26 AM

Those are really cool.
The LTZ Lumina's are also pretty cool. Dual pipes, ground effects, I like!

Old 12-18-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by zipper
That's looking really good augi! How do you like the way the seats feel? I have a couple questions/suggestions.

1) Did you lose the driver's power seat with these Recaros or were you able to keep it?

2) What is that center console out of? I wouldn't mind having 2 cup holders Plus it looks good.

3) May I suggest some cloth rear bucket seats for your Monte? It's a direct bolt in, the only thing that you have to do is bolt down the rear center console. Here's a link to what I'm talking about: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/302408...nd-prix/page-2 I bought my leather rear bucket setup for $100 so I would imagine that cloth would be cheaper.
I do find them to be quite comfortable. They sit higher than the factory seats.
I'm 6'4" and weigh about 300 lbs, so I have a pretty broad frame, I like the way they ride.

Since they had their own bracket and its a recaro bracket at that and I'm going to get harnesses for it eventually, I had to give up the electric seat. I'm gonna miss it, but believe me, its worth it.

The center console is from a 98 grand prix, I had to make a custom waterfall for it, but that was the only issue.

As for the back seat, is that standard from that body gp?
These seats only costed $40 since the yard I pulled them from sells buckets for cheap.
The backs would be the same with a $10 center console...

Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by augi
The center console is from a 98 grand prix, I had to make a custom waterfall for it, but that was the only issue.

As for the back seat, is that standard from that body gp?
These seats only costed $40 since the yard I pulled them from sells buckets for cheap.
The backs would be the same with a $10 center console...
That's pretty cool about the front GP console. Do you have a link on the install? I want to look into that now.

That back seat setup that I showed is factory. You can find them in 1st gen w-body's like the Grand Prix or Olds Cutlass.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 PM

No, I don't have an install on it. I made a mold of plaster to pull hot plastic over and heat/ vacuum formed the plastic to the mold... I think I still have the mold, but after I make the plastic to it, you might still have to mod it a little bit. The glove box doesn't open the same, its a tight squeeze between the factory seats ill post more pics of it when I'm fully finished with it, I am still adding one more thing before I say I'm finished

Quick Reply: newest mod... monte carlo 9C3 z34.