General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Default NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo

Before you get your hopes up I have been doing a little research on the topic and GM is building a new assembly line and on it will be a all new rear wheel drive line of cars and from what I read it will possiably enclude the Monte Carlo, the GTO. But on the other hand there is also a possibility that the current Monte Carlo will be the last, due to GM's poor finances. All of of this is supposed to transpire for the 2008 model year. So get your pen and paper and start writing GM to save your Monte. Better still save your ink just go BUY a new Monte Carlo and if sales are really that good,well you know the drill they keep building them.

Randy - automotivehistoryonline.com

Old 07-09-2006, 01:52 PM
Default RE: NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo

that would suck... but i couldnt wait for the rwd monte....

Old 07-09-2006, 05:17 PM

lol please everyone here take your fwd, cars and trash them really bad beforeyou trade them in!!! on the new rwd model

i want to have the only 03 SS fwd monte carlo LOL

it might nit mean alot now but wait a few years and see where it gose ifthey retire the li ne up it will be one of the last models out there

Old 07-09-2006, 05:33 PM

u r crazy lol dat was o good one

Old 07-09-2006, 07:05 PM

Interesting.....

Well, if GM acts as they have on other model's, my bet is that GM will kill the Monte line and bring it back several years later in the RWD version. I would also suspect they will bring it out with a couple of different drive train line ups as Ford did with the Rustang...

Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM

i dont care ethier way mine will be worth more then
LOL!!!!!!!!

i suspect right after they kill the line up i can get 4 times the higest bidder now for it!~ lol\\

after all look at the camaro guys outthere and theprice jumo it had after they killed it lol

Old 07-09-2006, 10:05 PM

I believe that I have to side with Montejass on this one. My recently purchased 2006 MC SS was to include my military discount of $500.00, and when it came down to signing time, they stated the MC SS was not on the list of select vehicles. I called GM and was told that the information I was given was correct. It is not included as one of the select vehicles. I asked why the Bonnevilles and the GTO were on there an they are just as great a vehicle and was told that both of those lines are being discontinued. Wow, go figure!! They just came out with the GTO to give the Mustang some competition and they are already discontinuing the line? So yeah, I believe Montejass is correct in stating that they will bring it back in a new power train and RWD.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:36 AM

I'll just throw this little bit of news out just to make you go hmmmmm. The reason GM is discontinuing the GTO for the 2007 year only to bring it back for 2008 is because it is cheaper to build it in the good ole USA than in Australia. Dont let the UAW hear that, well they already know. Just here to bring a little insight to your world.

Randy- Automotivehistoryonline.com

Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 AM

ok one more time let me just say TRASH YOUR CARS BEFORE YOU TAKE THEM IN FOR TRADE IN'S !!!!!!!!!

i want the only one in drivabe lcondition so i have a virtual gold mine .

i might end up getting a new rwd version but the 03 i have now will have a home for along time to come ifit stays togeather that long .

not real sure with all the plastic but will do my best with it

Old 07-10-2006, 04:22 PM

Another thought regarding a RWD Monte.

I would also suggest that GM will not make the Monte a powerhouse like the GTO or the new Camaro that is slated to come out. The Monte has always been more of a sport luxury car not the hot rod we think/want it to be. I sometimes have to remind myself of this of my own Monte. If they keep the Monte line I could see a RWD platform but can also see the V6 as the primary drivetrain line up with a special edition V8, but, don't expect to see the 5.7L in the mix...

Quick Reply: NEW! Rwd Monte Carlo