General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New Rotors and pads for the Red Devil

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Rotors and pads for the Red Devil

Well I got some Drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for the Monte today. The quality looks pretty good and full sets are $180 from a company called Brakemotive. I found them over on ls1tech and it was free shipping I got them in a day . I will have to get them on one of these weekends and do a review on them.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Pretty cool Zach, now what to do with the calipers.......

Old 01-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Extra sweet set of rotors you have for your Monte. I have heard nothing bad about Brakemotive. What brand of pads are you using? I use Wagner Thermoquiet. Anyway will like to see what you think about your new rotors and pads once you get an opportunity to put them to the test.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

They look like the same set I have on my car I really like mine, they came with an anti rust coating and it worked pretty good up until recently, but with the salt, sand and snow I can totally understand why they would start rusting up a bit this time of year.

The only downfall with mine is that there is a mild squeak when applying the brakes, I was told it was from the ceramic pads, but that could have just been the shop not wanting to rip things apart to see what's going on lol

Old 01-28-2014, 09:44 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Pretty cool Zach, now what to do with the calipers.......
trying to decide if I want to paint to match the body color or black/silver

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Extra sweet set of rotors you have for your Monte. I have heard nothing bad about Brakemotive. What brand of pads are you using? I use Wagner Thermoquiet. Anyway will like to see what you think about your new rotors and pads once you get an opportunity to put them to the test.
thanks. I have heard a lot of good things about them. They seem to be a really nice company. They sent pads with the rotor package I think they are Kenetic brand ceramic pads. I am not familiar with them but no one on ls1tech had anything bad to say about them that I saw.

hopefully I will be getting it out after a month or so if the weather cooperates.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:47 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by ohara
They look like the same set I have on my car I really like mine, they came with an anti rust coating and it worked pretty good up until recently, but with the salt, sand and snow I can totally understand why they would start rusting up a bit this time of year.

The only downfall with mine is that there is a mild squeak when applying the brakes, I was told it was from the ceramic pads, but that could have just been the shop not wanting to rip things apart to see what's going on lol
Nice I am glad to hear they are working well for you. These are nickel plated to keep them from rusting so hopefully they dont My car doesn't see the salt or much rain so that should help.

I did hear that could be a little problem. A lot of people said it took a few miles and it went away but if mine start I will probably just get higher quality pads

Old 01-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

You gotta try your luck at powder coating........I have the original set of calipers from my car I could sell you....... Probably cost a small fortune to ship to you though, maybe not, I get some pretty good rates from FedEx.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
You gotta try your luck at powder coating........I have the original set of calipers from my car I could sell you....... Probably cost a small fortune to ship to you though, maybe not, I get some pretty good rates from FedEx.
I had a guy make me some hi temp paint to match my body color but it's just getting the motivation to take the calipers off We will see if I don't like the results I get from whatever I end up doing I will message you or something and keep you in mind

Old 01-29-2014, 09:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I used the Brakemotive rotors on my Monte with the ceramic pads provided. The rotors were fine...I tend to drive kind of hard and warp rotors (happens when you brake hard from over 100, LOL). These rotors did warp on me too over time, but they lasted a pretty good chunk of time...but so did everything else I tried. The only rotors I have awesome luck with that don't warp at all are the CRYO treated ones. But those are pretty expensive.

Now personally, I would throw away the ceramic pads they gave you with the rotors and go buy some better quality pads. The pads they provided wore out quicker than anything else i've ever used. Stock rear pads lasted 130K, these pads lasted 50K on the REAR. Front pads I got less than 30K out of...and all other pads i've every used on my car I get upwards of 60K on front pads. So expect half the life with the provided ceramics.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:09 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Man, the rear rotors for the MC are so small. I want to get a bigger rotor next time in the rear even if its just for aesthetics

Quick Reply: New Rotors and pads for the Red Devil