General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The New Options for The Next Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Why are you looking at vehicles with such high miles?
If you haven't noticed my car is about to turn 180k, I've never owned a vehicle below 150k.

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
i agree with others, aurora is neat and all but bleh... I dont understand why you want to get rid of the monte if its a perfectly good running car
When did I say my monte was a perfectly good running car? It has rust on the rear fenders, it probably needs a catalytic converter cause it runs rough when I start it sometimes for a few minutes, the rear defroster is broken cause one of the pieces that connects to it is broken off, when I'm turning occasionally water will drip in because I have a bad driver door seal.

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I would always avoid going against any 3.8L Mustang you ever come across, also I would avoid the 2v 4.6L ones of the 90s also.

Those things are just dogs, ESPECIALLY if they have an auto behind it.

The aurora isn't really an upgrade to the Monte. I would keep looking around
I know the 3.8's are slow, but I like the looks and they sound better than my car, I'm not going to get this one though because its in pretty rough exterior shape. The aurora is an upgrade IMO because I like the color and wheels. And it's probably got less problems than my car.

Last edited by brendan127; 11-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 PM

Just went to right auto to look at the aurora and he is willing to take $500 and my car, I'm probably going to do it. Just have to go back and look one last time.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:38 PM

look it over all the way around and make sure every thing is ok or it

Old 11-19-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by monte07
look it over all the way around and make sure every thing is ok or it
Yeah we're going back to look over the finer details such as a/c, windows, sunroof, interior controls, and other such things before we pull the trigger. I drove it though, and this thing rides great! Has pretty good tread on yokoshima tires.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:08 PM

If I get it, you guys are welcome to inbox me with offers on my dale Earnhardt wheels and tires.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hope all goes well for ya!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by brendan127

When did I say my monte was a perfectly good running car? It has rust on the rear fenders, it probably needs a catalytic converter cause it runs rough when I start it sometimes for a few minutes, the rear defroster is broken cause one of the pieces that connects to it is broken off, when I'm turning occasionally water will drip in because I have a bad driver door seal.

Im sorry but this post ticked me off. It has rust because u dont wash the car often enough in the winter and u haven't undercoated it.
What do u expect with high mileage cars, a new cat only runs about $100 at auto parts stores. And if thats all it needs at 180k then the car is doing pretty good.
Also auto parts stores sell DIY rear window defroster repair kits that about only 10 bucks.
A weather strip cost 35 rip ur old one off and install the new one. Problem fixed.
Most of ur problems can be fixed for under $200 total and you'd have a perfectly fine car again but what it shows me is that ur lazy regarding repairs, what makes u think you will be better towards another car? Anyways its not me being foolish spending money trying to buy a new car with high miles and a crap load of problems that as appears will never be fixed anyways!
A word man to man fix the monte and run it till it has given its last breath, then when u down grade to a POS v6 mustang you will at least say its better than that old monte since it dont run any more but this POS mustang does.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Im sorry but this post ticked me off. It has rust because u dont wash the car often enough in the winter and u haven't undercoated it.
What do u expect with high mileage cars, a new cat only runs about $100 at auto parts stores. And if thats all it needs at 180k then the car is doing pretty good.
Also auto parts stores sell DIY rear window defroster repair kits that about only 10 bucks.
A weather strip cost 35 rip ur old one off and install the new one. Problem fixed.
Most of ur problems can be fixed for under $200 total and you'd have a perfectly fine car again but what it shows me is that ur lazy regarding repairs, what makes u think you will be better towards another car? Anyways its not me being foolish spending money trying to buy a new car with high miles and a crap load of problems that as appears will never be fixed anyways!
A word man to man fix the monte and run it till it has given its last breath, then when u down grade to a POS v6 mustang you will at least say its better than that old monte since it dont run any more but this POS mustang does.
Sorry, but your pissing me off. It had rust when I got it! DON'T ACCUSE me of what you think I do with this car, I WASH IT PLENTY OFTEN. Also, I plasti dipped the rust to keep it from spreading, I'm not going to spend a tun of money to have a rusted car undercoated. I don't believe a generic rear window defroster fix is going to fix the problem. The weather strip might be an easy fix, and I'll check it out if I don't get this car. The TCS/ABS lights are on, and depending on the problem, it could cost me anywhere from $100 to $1000. I'm not lazy toward repairs, I just DONT have the time, or in some cases the money to do the things that need done right now. I'm not getting that Mustang anyways. Funny your calling a Mustang a POS, there are very nice V6 Mustang's out there.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by brendan127
Sorry, but your pissing me off. It had rust when I got it! DON'T ACCUSE me of what you think I do with this car, I WASH IT PLENTY OFTEN. Also, I plasti dipped the rust to keep it from spreading, I'm not going to spend a tun of money to have a rusted car undercoated. I don't believe a generic rear window defroster fix is going to fix the problem. The weather strip might be an easy fix, and I'll check it out if I don't get this car. The TCS/ABS lights are on, and depending on the problem, it could cost me anywhere from $100 to $1000. I'm not lazy toward repairs, I just DONT have the time, or in some cases the money to do the things that need done right now. I'm not getting that Mustang anyways. Funny your calling a Mustang a POS, there are very nice V6 Mustang's out there.
Easy killer...

Just ditch your Monte and have fun with another high mileage vehicle if that is what will make you happy. I can understand rust not being fun to deal with but according to your choices, it looks like you are going to have a hard time finding anything that is problem free and without rust just because of your budget. My only advice would be to keep working and saving your money until you can afford something nice with lower mileage.

Best of luck with whatever you decide

Old 11-19-2012, 09:17 PM

you're ABS light is on i bet is because one of you're wheel speed sensors are out, $60 fix, you can do it you're self its two bolts to take off, pull out the electrical plug, redo you're work and you're done. EASY, don't know which one is out? go to Firestone, they pull the ABS codes for free and tell you which wheel is at fault.

a can of undercoating costs 5.99, spray it around the bottom edges of you're car and in the fender well, 2 cans should cover the entire car, do that to avoid further rust from forming. the rust u have on it now is small, easy to fix, there are alot of videos that shows you how to go about it, from beggining to end, a cost of the materials used should be about $80 and about 24-48 hours of work/wait time.

a universal cat for our cars is, 179.99 LS or SS or LT, average price for a store to stock it on hand, less than $100.00
purchased over the internet or a local scrap/junk yard. a muffler shot will charge you anywhere from $20-50 to weld the new one on.

and now you're complaining that you don't have the money to do the repairs right now, what makes you think you will have the money to fix the other cars then? there's always something popping up in life that costs money, (example rent, bills, tickets, medical issues, etc.) and I'm telling you what it costs to repair you're car, if you need i can walk you step by step on how to repair everything by you're self, i'll make a DIY thread for every issue you have with pictures if necessary! but the fact that you want another car that you don't know anything about its past makes it that much more worse, avoid the Chevy Blazer, it has major front suspension problems, you can thank GM for designing such the crappy set up. the Aurora has the infamous "baby northstar" engine, HUGE problem with blown head gaskets, HUGE problem with that motor, the head gasket blows out of that motor as often as you would do you're transmission fluid exchange. the mustang...well the one you posted is just plane simple a P.O.S. in every aspect of the word, i'm sorry not trying to be mean but i can see what you're doing wrong but you're just a little more hard headed then i thought. everyone on here has told you to PASS, Pass, pass, i also say the same, keep looking and don't buy a crap load of more issues, delaying the repairs on that crap load of a car you plan on getting, and pretty soon you won't have a car that runs...end of story.

P.S. there are very nice V6 mustangs out there, they cost money to buy out right, and then cost more money to keep them in so called "very nice condtion" and not just money but actual care by the owner/driver to noticed a problem and fix it before it becomes a bigger problem down the road... any car can be a very nice car, as long as you maintain it and care for it.

Like i said i'm not trying to offend you or bash you here.... just trying to help you from making a mistake you will regret... we MCF owners look out for each other.

Quick Reply: The New Options for The Next Vehicle