General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The New Options for The Next Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
They will prob ask a bit more than u think on trade for the Aurora, i wouldnt even consider that mustang its been run hard & wrecked a few times
They're asking $3500.. I don't think they're going to ask a lot unless they are ignorant like a recent place I went to. Mike Anderson Dodge offered me $3800 for my car when I was looking to trade it in, which is a fair price, but I didn't have the extra money to get the car they had. Reese Motors in Marion offers me somewhere in the $3000 range, it pretty much just depends on what I'm looking at on their lot. Courtesy Motors, well lets just say if anyone on this site lives around Marion, avoid Courtesy at all costs.

And do you know the person that owns the mustang or are you just guessing? It was a lady that owned it before this current owner, and pretty much everything that is wrong with it is cosmetic, I drove it and it runs real good. I don't think the Mustang has been "wrecked" per say, but rather scraped the rear bumper obviously, and maybe a light hit on the front right if anything at all.. the only thing I don't like about the stang is that they smoke in it.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:10 PM

How much will carmax give u for ur car?

Old 11-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
How much will carmax give u for ur car?
I'm not driving to a carmax to have my car appraised, lol.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Why are you looking at vehicles with such high miles?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM

I'll have to agree with those above. Pass, pass and pass.

Keep the MC, give it some loving and keep her moving.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i agree with others, aurora is neat and all but bleh... I dont understand why you want to get rid of the monte if its a perfectly good running car

Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
i agree with others, aurora is neat and all but bleh... I dont understand why you want to get rid of the monte if its a perfectly good running car
X2 with that

Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
I'll have to agree with those above. Pass, pass and pass.

Keep the MC, give it some loving and keep her moving.
X a million, pass, pass, pass for me as well.

This is a MC forum, you can't expect that people are going to like the cars that you are considering if they're high mileage, or non-coupe, or non-Monte Carlo basically lol.

Your Monte looks great, I personally would keep it. If you keep it mostly stock and treat it right, it can be very reliable and get you plenty more miles on the road for relatively low maintenance until you can afford to start searching for a lower mileage vehicle

Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would always avoid going against any 3.8L Mustang you ever come across, also I would avoid the 2v 4.6L ones of the 90s also.

Those things are just dogs, ESPECIALLY if they have an auto behind it.

The aurora isn't really an upgrade to the Monte. I would keep looking around

Old 11-19-2012, 09:02 AM

if the mustang was in better shape i would say get it but ill pass on it to be honest i have a mustang 2v 4.6 it took me a while where i like it glad it is a manuel. the 3.8 isnt bad but it is natorius for air in the cooling system and cause a over heat issue. the arora i will pass do to te miles if it has a good service recored or any thing saying it was taken care of maybe but ill pass i do like four doors if i come across one ill like i would have to be strengent. expecially if it is to good to be true. not just that i am a stickeler on keeping some thing that is paid off and making it last as long as i can afford to. i do agree with chibi on the aspects. if you know what is needed for the monte do it peace by peace till it is 100% again. the suv i would have to look in to it more like if it has been serviced when it had the trans and the engine put into it. to see if there is a record of it. when ever there is a new peace of power train there is a good rule of thumb and majority of shops recomend servicing the parts that are new to keep them running new. and to see if there is no problems with it for the first 6months to a year.

Quick Reply: The New Options for The Next Vehicle