General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

new monte owner..mod ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Default new monte owner..mod ideas?

hey guys, i just purchased an 03 monte SS, pretty basic right now. Viper alarm, and just ordered black diamond cut headlights, other than that, it is stock. i was just wondering what you guys think of Razzi ground effects, as well as other mods that you have seen that blow the minds of all those damn ricers out there. any advice would be greatly appreciated. In the near future i am thinking of making a two-tone. what color woudl go good with the silver? the only thing is that i am a poor university students..i need some mods that wont force me to start selling drugs to pay for them, ya know?

happy postin' boys

p.s. ive been looking around at some of your guys cars...all i can say is wow!

Old 11-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Default RE: new monte owner..mod ideas?

Hi `Mike, Welcome to the Forum.
Tell us more about your Monte & Post some pic's
when you can. I can't afford mod's right now either, but I do a lot
of dreaming. School cost are high & so are mod's [X(].
Be patience & I'm sure that members will respond to your
questions. DESS03 just put on a kit & did a two-tone bad azz paint job..
Check it out in the Gallery or in Monte of the Monte.

[:-]Click below site for pic's of DESS03[:-]
https://montecarloforum.com/albumpho...Type=1&apage=1
Safe/Happy miles 2 U..
`Space

Old 11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forums.

A local guy owns a '00-05 Monte (I'm not sure exactly what year it is?). His car is white and a ground effects kits.

He painted all the ground effects the chrome illusion (chameleon) paint. The car looks incredible.

Don't forget to post some pictures of your Monte for us.
[8D]

Old 11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome

i think blue goes really well with silver, as does red, because there's a monte up here..silver(decaled out like jr's car, but not a jr car) that has the body kit painted red, looks really good

i think orange would be my favorite on silver though

the chromalusion thing would be good too, but thats a vveeeeerrry expensive mod

dupont or planet color chromolusion is about $300-$500 a pint probably a pint would do your entire body kit though

Old 11-07-2006, 08:20 PM

just dont 2 tone it like mine but i thinkmontes look great with the razzi kit
My 03 SS

Old 11-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Here is a good proven kit that owners like: http://www.mpd-inc.net/mc.htm

What are you looking to do? Improve the exterior visually, interior, sound, performance?

The best thing to do is decide what you want out of your car and make your tradeoffs from there. There are some that put the sound system above all but you need to sacrifice your speed due to the weight of the boxes and components and maybe even sacrifice the back seat for the interior.

For performance the trade of is the least amount of sound improvement, loose weight on the interior and keep the ground effects/neon kits off due to weight.

BTW - I would recommend not advertising what model or manufacturer of alarm you have on your car... keep the theives guessing.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:54 PM

hey all, so i am trying to add pics to here..and i feel like such a noob for admitting this, but i cant figure out how to do it, ha ha..help!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1726/EBCAFE24BB9B42379407CA359794318D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-07-2006, 09:01 PM

o god..so i guess i was doing it correctly..well the pic above is my monte the day i brought it home, there is slight damage to the passenger side bumper which will be fixed when i install the GFX. below is one more picture with my monte and my blazer. Also i am going to incude two pictures of euro lights. which do you think are nicer, my favorite of the two are the black, but ive had people say they like the silver
i dont want a car that just has a stereo, or a drag car, i want a car that i can go out with the boys, listen to music a little too loud but still be able to give any riced out import a good run i just want an overall nice car. personally for me, looks are the main thing i am worried about. a deck is a must also, but i am not doing that for a bit. the place where i took it said it would cost 250 just to install due to factory alarm. rims, tint, exhaust are all apart of my one day masterpiece also

[IMG]local://upfiles/1726/82EF7CC685D442E2BE3C7589D9D82CD8.jpg[/IMG][IMG]local://upfiles/1726/88FC00F0F87D49018CDA282513D40660.jpg[/IMG][IMG]local://upfiles/1726/D0A6407EE92B4414884D87477BFA5C09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-12-2006, 02:16 AM

Well I really like the stock tailights myself. But between those two I like the black ones more.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:46 AM

I like the stock ones too, but I think the black would clash to much with with the car. I would go for the silver ones.

Quick Reply: new monte owner..mod ideas?