General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

New Monte, and a Lost Monte

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:28 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default New Monte, and a Lost Monte

I know its been awhile since my last post, or even visit to the site. The last few weeks have been hectic, On july 26th my best friend Thomas, who had a 2000 White SS with 167,000 mile was in a rollover accident and totalled his Monte, therefore he is now the owner of a Buick Century then today my grandpa jokingly called me to tell me the was a black Monte Carlo for sale a few miles away fromw here I live, well I went and looked at it and it was a 2005 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS Black with silver ground effects and 77,055 miles, long story short I'm getting it tomorrow (got it for $5,500), it has 2 problems I was hoping for some input on, the first is it says low tire pressure but the tire pressure reads the same in all tire the only this is 3 tires are the same and one is a different brand??? The other is the check engine light is on he said the code reader said heater something??? IDK something heater I guess any suggestions any helps appreciated will have pics up ASAP when I get it together with my LS Smokey

Old 08-03-2011, 11:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the purchase for what seems to be a great price. I'd say when you get it take it to autozone and have the codes read to find out exactly what it says. As for the tires the light has to be reset once the proper amount of air is put in but It could be a bad sensor. I don't think the TPMS is that great on these cars anyway and alot of people have had problems with them. Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 AM

thanks for the info gratly appreciated, yeah the guy told me what the code read but he couldn't remebr exactlly so I will most likely have it looked at later this week, and I figured it would need reset so I'll have to try that when I get her, the only downside is the tires are pretty bad not toally bald but pretty bad, I guess he originally wanted $7,000 but the guy bought a truck and los this job so he was asking $6,200 so it could help him pay for the truck but I talked him down to $5,600 he wouldnt go to $5,500 which is what I was aiming for but hey close enough!

Old 08-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats on the new Supercharged Monte. I believe the TPMS uses the ABS system on the 2005. So you shouldn't have the same issue the 06/07 Monte's do. A simple reset should do it.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I just wanted to say congrats on your purchase of what seams to be a good deal! looks like your other problems have been addressed...

Last edited by Tadcaster; 08-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Sorry to hear about your friend totaling his Monte, but glad he is still around...even if he does drive a Buick now. The tire monitor on that generation uses tire rotation to calibrate and monitor, so the one odd ball tire could be setting the light if it is a different diameter than the rest of the tires. It sounds like you made a great score - have fun!

Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 AM

Congrat's on getting a SuperCharged Monte..
Is it a one owner ? How does it look like it's been maintained ? How does it run out ? How does everything sound ? Does the owner have service records ?
Were you able to run a CarFax to see if it had any accidents or problems ?

Wish you Super Luck & we look forward to reading about it
and also seeing pictures 4-Sure

Old 08-04-2011, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I'm not sure if the Tire Monitoring system uses valve stem sensors OR the ABS system as Taz suggested. I thought it was valve stem sensors. If so, it could be one trie is missing a sensor. Otherwise, a simple reset and you should be good.

Without knowing the code, it's hard to say. My Monte long ago threw a code about not getting up to operating temp. A simple T-Stat change and that was fixed.

Good luck with the new Monte and sorry to hear about you're friend's mis-fortune. At least he's OK and has other transportation.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:49 AM

No it was not a one owner sadly, but it was owned by a freind of my grandpas who gave it to his oldest son, well taken care of, only 2 noticeable scratches,a s i stated previously too will need tires theyre on the bad side, car is clean and only has 77k test drove it for about 5 miles and had her up there until I came up over a hill and saw on the fourway stop that the cops had someone pulled over lol :O I decided to slow it down a bit, my friend is ok he got 12 stiches and is feeling much better cept for a lost monte carlo I tried inserting a pic but dont ge tthe whole adress thing so don't know if it worked

Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Quick Reply: New Monte, and a Lost Monte